Design Within Reach makes authentic modern design accessible. When DWR was founded in 1998, classics were very difficult to find. The company changed that by making innovative works from iconic designers accessible for the first time, and itâ€™s continued to provide the best in modern design ever since.
DWR Contract is largest collection of modern furniture for commercial use. Offering contract-quality, authentic furniture that upholds the tenets of good design and modernism is the foundation of Design Within Reachâ€™s business. Architects and designers have always been our customers, and our Contract Sales division is devoted to serving their unique needs. Whether specifying the ideal chair for a cafÃ©, ancillary pieces for an office space or working on a hospitality or even healthcare project, we can help. DWR Contract is the partner to have for every commercial project.
DWR is also a proud member of Be Original Americas, an organization committed to informing the public about the importance of original design.
The corporate office is located directly above the Design Within Reach Studio, both of which are located in the former Yale and Towne lock factory at Harbor Point. Our corporate offices are home to all sales channels â€" Contract, Catalog, Web and Studio with supporting departments that include; HR, Finance, Marketing & PR, Inventory Planning, IT, Operations, IS, Merchandising, Web, Logistics and Customer service.
This position will provide daily support to the VP of Contract who directly manages the sales function for our contract sales in the US and Canada. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Functions as the main liaison between the VP of Contract, the Corporate Office, the Contract Sales team, as well as Herman Miller, DWRâ€™s parent company.
- Partners with Executive Management Team and corporate colleagues to gather and organize sales related information as requested.
- Maintains and coordinates schedules for the VP of Contract, including all meetings, travel arrangements and full itineraries for domestic and international travel.
- Processes all expense vouchers and receipts through Concur system
- Organize the details of any special events, corporate agendas, and sales visits
- Work closely with training, developing and onboarding direct reports to VP of Contract.
- In collaboration with the Contract Operations Director, create and develop innovative onboarding and training materials for the sales field.
- Coordinates and schedules all meetings with executive team, corporate colleagues and various sales staff.
- Acts as a â€œgo to personâ€? for the Contract Operations team for any requests, pending issues, or follow-up items ensuring proper communication on all issues with VP of Contract
- Prepares materials for client visits including sales reporting and statistics.
- Manages an accurate filing system for all reports and regional information.
- Analyzes sales statistics and summarizes monthly reports while also maintaining a monthly newsletter and updating all training and development manuals.
- Reviews and tracks all selling statistics, Sales results, commission reports and additional ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Demonstrates discretion and integrity with all confidential information
- This position will be based in CT but will require frequent monthly trips to New York City and occasional trips to sales conferences and trade shows.
- 5-7 years of executive support experience preferably in a corporate retail or sales focused environment.
- Capable of handling multiple projects while meeting required deadlines.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to interact with individuals at varying levels both inside and outside of the organization.
- Exceptional leadership and relationship management skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite; including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Flexible Availability- Schedule at times may vary to meet the needs of the business and to mirror the VP of Contract travel schedule.
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabilities).