The role of the Assistant Merchandise Planner is to support the Planner / Senior Planner and cross-functional team members by providing data-driven analysis to help achieve the financial goals within their department(s). The Assistant Inventory Planner works closely with: Inventory, Operations, Merchandising, Logistics and Marketing/Web departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Planner / Senior Planner by providing support and by collaborating with Merchandising team.
- Participate in all Planning / Team meetings and offer sales insight within select departments.
- Identify trends, growth opportunities and risks to the business and make recommendations to grow the business profitably.
- Monitor and analyze sales/margin performance to plan and to historical years. Analyze sales data in units and dollars at various levels. (Department, Collection, Channel, Studio)
- Recommend exit strategies that maximize sales and profitability, while supporting the Merchant product vision.
- Assist with pre-season Line Planning process, including the development of pre-seaon seasonal forecasts and in-season item performance.
- Generate Purchase Orders and follow Orders from order generation through order completion. Continuously communicate with vendor and DWR Logistics team on status of Orders.
- Advise on daily inventory requests from Studio Operations.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting as needed, including promotional and event recaps
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years of experience in Inventory planning and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality work independently and proactively deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships within a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage business in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong Excel, Microsoft Office, and familiarity with ERP systems
- A keen passion for customer experience and service excellence
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabilities).