University of California San Diego
Associate or Full Professor (Ladder Rank/In- Residence) - Otolaryngology
The University of California, San Diego, Department of Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology (http://oto.ucsd.edu/default.aspx) is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff and student body and seeks to recruit an experienced otolaryngologist to serve as the Director of Skull Base/Acoustic Neuroma Center.
This position will provide oversight of neurotological care at UCSD facilities, build an active otology/neurotology practice that includes skull base surgery, be a contributing member of the accredited neurotology fellowship with its two fellows, organize the neurotology didactic program and the temporal bone course, engage in research and publications, build upon collaborations that currently exist with Neurosurgery and Neuroradiology, and participate in all divisional activities including but not limited to faculty meetings, medical student teaching, conferences, M&M, Grand Rounds, residency interviews and selection committee and on-call assignments.
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
• MD degree and board certification in otolaryngology and certificate of added qualification in Neurotology/skull base surgery
• Ability to secure a California medical license
• Graduate of an accredited Neurotology fellowship and otolaryngology residency program
• Minimum of 5 years of experience post-fellowship
• Demonstrated experience as a clinician-scientist with prior or current grant funding
• Qualification to perform Gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery
• Demonstrated experience in Auditory Brainstem Implants
References (contact information or letter of recommendation) may be requested from all finalists.
Appointment will be at the Associate or Full Professor rank. Series will include 50% Ladder Rank and 50% In-Residence with qualified candidates with secured extramural funding. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
Applications must be submitted through the University of California San Diego's Academic Personnel RECRUIT system at: http://apptrkr.com/1069037.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Diego, CA
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover Letter
• Statement of Contributions to diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our http://facultyexcellence.ucsd.edu/c2d/index.html site for more information.
• Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
• Create an ApplicantID
• Provide required information and documents
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1069037
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Years Of Experience: