Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Carson City, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides bedside respiratory care to patients as assigned by supervisors and given on the physician's written order for both in-house and out-patient care
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees, therapists, and other health care providers.
- Maintains minimum level of competency as described in the Orientation, Training and Competency manual.
- Communicates with physicians in matters relevant to patient status. Works in collaboration with other health professionals to ensure effective management of patient care.
- Maintains and troubleshoots respiratory equipment to ensure the accuracy of results and safety according to regulatory requirements
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment for pulmonary function testing and respiratory therapy.
- Collects QI data as requested.
- Educates patient and family members/other caregivers as to the planned therapy, goals, and disease management.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment
- May be required to perform other diagnostic procedures. Diagnostic procedures may include, cardiac stress testing, cardiac event monitoring, Echocardiograms, Electroencephalograms, Holter monitoring, and Pulmonary Function Testing.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens.
|General Requirements||* Must be licensed by the state of Michigan * BCLS required. * Must complete Neonatal Resuscitation Program within one year of hire. * Preferred - ACLS|
|Work Experience||* None|
|Education||* Associates degree or certification by the NBRC is required.|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||* Advanced knowledge of cardiopulmonary anatomy, physiology and hemodynamics. * Must be proficient in recognizing various cardiac arrhythmias.|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.JOB REQUIREMENTS: <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/79811560.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/79811560
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :