Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Resolve or minimize the social-emotional problems, resource deficits and continuing care needs of patients and families served by the Sparrow Pain Management Center to help them adapt within their available community resources. Provide education and consultation regarding resources, collaborate to develop a discharge plan and facilitate and monitor its implementation. Assist patient/family adjust to and cope with chronic pain, diagnosis, treatment options and prognosis. A priority focus in transitioning throughout their plan of care.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
Psychosocial Assessment and Interventions:
* Conducts a preliminary risk screening, assesses patients and family's psychosocial risk factors through evaluation of prior functioning levels, appropriateness and adequacy of support systems, reaction to chronic pain and ability to cope.
* Performs comprehensive assessments of patients' medical condition, adjustment, support systems, finances, housing, behavior, cognition, abuse factors, function and abilities, legal, and substance abuse factors to identify issues, which must be addressed throughout plan of care.
* Intervenes with patients and families regarding emotional, social, and financial consequences of illness and/or disability; accesses and mobilizes family/community resources to meet identified needs.
* Serves as a resource person and provides counseling and intervention related to treatment decisions and coping with chronic pain.
* Develops long and short-term plans with the patient/family to address problems identified.
* Provides emotional support to help patients cope with the disruptions and distresses associated with their illness/injury. Observes patient's right to self-determination and confidentiality.
* Intervenes with problems listed but not limited to: Adult Abuse, Substance Dependency, Suicide, Guardianship, Conservatorship, Durable Power of Attorney, Mental Illness, Depression, and Self-care ability.
* Coordinates and facilitates patient care progression throughout the continuum.
* A collaborative process that encompasses the following: assessment, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the options and services required to meet the needs of the patient.
* Works collaboratively and maintains active communication with other members of the interdisciplinary team to effect timely and appropriate patient management.
* Proactively identifies and resolves delays and obstacles to the current treatment plan.
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team facilitating care for the designated case load; monitors the patient's progress with the appropriate interventions ensuring a focused plan of care and services are provided while providing high quality cost effective care.
* Provides clear, concise, and timely written documentation.
* Communicate and provide information to all providers involved in the patients care.
* Communicates effectively and navigating conflicts with patients, families, members of the care team in a diplomatic and empathetic manner.
* Licensed as a Social Worker in the state of Michigan-LMSW
* BLS preferred
* Minimum two years' experience working with Patients suffering from Chronic Pain.
* Ability to interview, assess, organize and problem solve. Ability to identify appropriate community resources on assigned caseload and to work collaboratively with patients, families, and interdisciplinary team and community agencies to achieve desired patient outcomes.
* Master's Degree in Social Work
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
* Maintains an environment that supports and encourages high performance and reliability through caregiver engagement, teamwork, and customer service ensuring safe quality patient-centered care.
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting the requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization.
* Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement in interactions with physicians, payors, patients and their families.
* Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://sparrowhealthsyste
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:Masters Degree - MA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :