The Clinical Information Assistant will assist Orthopaedic Surgery Physicians as assigned with various administrative aspects of patient care in the Orthopaedic Clinics in Westwood, Santa Monica, and the South Bay. These include documentation of history and physical findings in the electronic Care Connect medical record, follow-up of laboratory and x-ray results, paging consults, and assisting in patient admission, transfers or discharges Will work in close association with residents and attending physicians and will be part of the Orthopaedic Surgery team. Clinical Information Assistant will also be required to aid in 'chart auditing' both in real-time and retrospectively, which includes reviewing physicians' charts and procedure notes to ensure completeness, sending incomplete charts back to physicians and maintaining/updating a work queue log utilized by our coders.
Our ideal candidate will meet the following requirements.
* establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, faculty, residents, students, University representatives, patients and the public
* handle confidential material while protecting its strict confidentiality
* maintain equanimity in the face of resistance, indifference or hostility
* organize and track multiple records and requests and follow through in a timely manner
* perform under the pressure of frequent interruptions and distractions
* proofread very detailed materials and monitor work accurately
* speak clearly and distinctly using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information
Detailed knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to distinguish different exams and medical diagnoses.
Knowledge and skill in using various computer programs such as Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook email, and basic database software.
Knowledge of E&M codes and the level of documentation necessary for each billing level.
Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal supervision
Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and diplomatically interact with others.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :