As part of the Customer Care team, you are responsible for providing a positive experience for the Design Within Reach Retail Sales and Call Center organization. You love working with people and solving challenges! As a member of our team, you will have a dynamic personality, an optimistic point of view, a passion for people, and the ability to dig into the root cause of issues and take action to resolve them.
- Manage multi-faceted customer care inquiries in Salesforce.com, ensuring all requests are handled in a professional, timely and courteous manner with accuracy of information, appropriate grammar, spelling and empathy.
- Ability to assess customersâ€™ support needs through written correspondence, solve the issue at hand and communicate resolution in a complete, timely and thorough manner.
- Ability to thrive on change as products, questions and processes evolve.
- Respond to Order inquiries from the sales field in a timely manner. This entails using all operational systems and tools available to ensure accuracy of information.
- Communicate with internal and external parties to expedite purchase orders when necessary.
- Review and solve payment issues, process price overrides, troubleshoot orders.
- Manage and process return and exchange requests, ensuring adequate documentation is present, and customer need is resolved in a timely manner. Closing the return loop by managing product damage resolution, schedule pick-up of return and issue new replacement order for customer.
- Maintain product knowledge to respond to product inquiries and requests for information and/or parts.
- Research answers and solutions as needed.
- Use operational systems available to provide answers to the sales field and continuously work to improve internal processes and documentation to develop self-service for the sales field
- Other responsibilities or ad-hoc projects may from time to time be assigned by management.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; conveys information in a clear and concise manner; asks appropriate probing questions
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Handles confidential financial and personal information appropriately
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem solving skills, multi-tasking skills; strong follow through
- Ability to quickly build and maintain rapport internally and externally
- Able to work evenings and weekends as needed (during Sale and peak periods)
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in customer service role; Operations and management experience a plus.
- Innovative; constantly seeking ways to improve processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially excel), experience with using Salesforce.com a plus
- Ability to learn quickly when facing new challenges; open to change
- Team player. Cooperative, easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration
- Self-starter and ability to work independently possessing strength in troubleshooting and thinking outside the box
- College degree preferred
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabilities).