Customized Distribution Service
Position Summary: Executes goals and objectives set by the Customer Service Manager to ensure excellent service to our customers, both internal and external. Builds proficiency in the administration of data within the CDS warehouse management system and client systems; ensures that client inventory management and order fulfillment responsibilities are completed in a timely fashion and with the highest standard of service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required by the Customer Service Manager.
· Comply with the Company attendance/tardiness standards as well as all other company policies, procedures, and expected standards of behavior.
· Process and monitor shipping and receiving documentation and transactions, including orders, receipts, and bills of lading.
· Enter and effectively manage all customer information using the appropriate company software (WMS, Foxware, SAP, etc.)
· Address and professionally respond to all phone calls and e-mails from internal and external customers and carriers.
· Collaborate with operations personnel to execute an efficient and timely appointment scheduling and order-handling.
· Receive process, enter, and verify customer orders and returns.
· Communicate appropriately and professionally with all customers and co-workers.
· Answer all customer questions in a timely manner and by providing the appropriate level of detail to satisfy any customer concerns.
· Generate reports as requested by clients and as requested by CDS Customer Service Management.
· Maintain other shipping records for returned goods, drop loads or damaged products.
· Acknowledge customer orders and immediately enter them into the warehouse management system when necessary.
· Assist Operations to ensure no over scheduling and that there is an appropriate inventory.
· Initiate required action in response to customer requests for order changes, and communicate changes to the appropriate personnel/department.
· Inbound/Outbound transportation scheduling.
· Submission of daily, weekly, and monthly inventory reports.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: In order to perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements outlined below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to use a computer, word processing and spreadsheet software is required.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Two (2) or more years of prior Customer Service Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Must display a high level of effort and commitment to performing work, operate effectively within the organizational structure, and demonstrate trustworthiness and responsible behavior
- Must be reliable and dedicated
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Prior experience in transportation, logistics, or supply chain
- Prior inventory control experience
- Prior warehouse software experience
Language Skills: Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to compose reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate information in verbal or written format and effectively respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, employees, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, percentages as well as draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to correctly read, interpret and process lengthy strings of individual digits in their correct order.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
· Sit for extended periods of time.
· Use hands to finger, handle, touch or manipulate items.
· Speak and/or hear.
· Stand for extended periods, walk and reach with hands or arms.
· Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch.
· Lift up to fifty (50) pounds repeatedly.
· Stoop, reach, kneel, twist and walk while handling cases of product. Have vision abilities to include proximate vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :