Mile Square Health Center
Dentist - MSHC Portable Dental (Job ID #139503)
Mile Square Health Center is seeking to hire a Dentist at 60% FTE to work within our Portable Dental services. The position will work two days within our Chicago-land clinics and one day within our Rockford clinic each week.
About Mile Square Health Center:
Originally established in 1967, Mile Square Health Center (MSHC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and in 1990, became a component of the UI Health. Its clinics are staffed by health professionals from UI Health, a leader in research, clinical practice, outreach, and health care education. MSHC is the only public sector, academic FQHC in Chicago and one of only a few in the nation. MSHC provides an array of services, including Family Care, Pediatrics, Women's Health, Mental Health, Optometry, Pediatric Dentistry, Cancer Screening, and Social Services
MSHC's mission is to provide holistic, quality health care services to a diverse urban community with a continuing commitment to addressing the needs of the underserved. MSHC consists of five primary care sites, including our newly opened 5-story, 104,900 sq. feet facility on the UI Health campus; five school-based health centers; and three nurse-managed sites that care for patients with severe mental illness and women with disabilities. Overall, 33 percent of service area residents live below the federal poverty level (FPL), compared to a 21 percent poverty rate for the city of Chicago as a whole.
The Dentist will provide clinical dental care within the scope of license and credentials at Mile Square Health Center (MSHC) clinics in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
Patient Diagnostics and Treatment
- Examine patients to determine nature of condition, utilizing x-rays, dental instruments, and other diagnostic tools/procedures.
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries and malformations of teeth, gums, and related oral structures.
- Clean, fill, extract, and replace teeth, using rotary, hand instruments, dental appliances, medications, and surgical implements.
Preventative Treatment and Patient Education
- Provide preventive dental services to patients, including fluoride applications, and other sealants to teeth.
- Provide continuous education to patients with respect to oral and dental hygiene.
- Record patient-dentist transactions as they occur accurately and completely reflecting the nature of the contact, condition of the patient, and the care or treatment provided.
- Complete referrals, data collections instruments, and other records as required.
- Assist with the design, development, and implementation of appropriate Dental Department policies and protocols in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards.
- Assist with continuing education, on-the-job training, and orientation of community health center staff as requested.
- Perform other related duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Degree from accredited dental school.
- Current State of Illinois dental license.
- Eligible for University of Illinois College of Medicine privileges.
Salary & Benefits:
UI Health offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
For consideration, please submit a complete application and supplemental resume by December 7, 2020.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :