# of Openings
Area of Interest
Elderwood at Riverside
Elderwood at Riverside is a stable, five star, 57 bed facility with a home-like feel. We are seeking a Director of Nursing (DNS) for our wonderful community. We value our employees and have monthly employee recognition events. We are looking for team players, if this is you then apply today!
The Director of Nursing Service (DNS) team member assists with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by be responsible for overall nurse staffing, staff training and development, and management of personnel in the Nursing Services Department of a residential health care facility; Quality of nursing care assessment, planning, documentation and provision of services to residents; Coordination of medical and pharmaceutical services in cooperation with the Medical Director, Pharmacy Consultant and Major Vendor Pharmacy; Proper placement for care of residents, determined in cooperation with facility staff and Attending Physician; Coordination of inter-disciplinary health care services for residents that are provided by facility staff, other service providers, and consultants; Participation and promotion of Quality Management activities and programs for ongoing improvement in nursing services to the facility.
- Handle direct orientation and job training of the Assistant Director Nursing Services/Day Supervisor, Head Nurse, Evening Supervisor, Night Supervisor, Medical Records Assistant, and Clinical Instructor.
- Hire and terminate employment of department staff, and discipline all personnel in the Nursing Services Department as necessary; conduct Exit Interview with department staff who have worked at the facility at least six months.
- Oversee the development and planning of orientation and training program for all department staff in cooperation with the Assistant Director Nursing Services/Day Supervisor, In-service Coordinator, Administrator, and Board President.
- Develop ongoing in-service training programs for nursing and other facility staff in cooperation with the Assistant Director of Nursing Services/Day Supervisor, and Administrative Services Department staff.
- May serve as the designated Program Coordinator for the Nursing Assistant 100-Hour Training Program; ensure that program is in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
- Review and process personnel information including job performance evaluations, status change requests, time sheets, leave of absence requests, etc.
- Remain aware of staff disciplinary actions taken by supervisory staff, and assist with discipline, upon request.
- Credentials of a Registered Professional Nurse with a current RI State license required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or administration preferred.
- At least two years of supervisory nursing experience and additional training and experience commensurate with the size of the facility and responsibilities of the position required.
- Geriatric nursing training preferred.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, utilize creative problem solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
- Exhibits characteristics of effective managerial leadership skills. These characteristics should include: desire for improvement; builder of trust; creating an environment where staff can experience pride. Their efforts are directed at allowing each worker to perform his or her own work and performing in a manner consistent with the aims and standards of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.