University of Massachusetts Medical School
The Epidemiologist with strong quantitative skills will be responsible for the design and conduct of studies in the Center with the Director and consultants. Will perform analyses of data, present results at scientific meetings, and help prepare manuscripts for publication. Writes and assists with grants. Provides supervision and direction to staff for data acquisition, data entry, quality control and data management.
Study Design and Planning:
- Working with the Director, helps plan research studies and analyses, involving formulating research hypotheses and designing investigations to test them, assessing study feasibility, developing study protocols, and maintaining contact with outside investigators for collaborative studies. Will leverage a large database and biorepository within the Center. Must also have skills for accessing and analyzing publicly available on-line databases.
- Oversee personnel training and functional supervision, adherence to study protocols and manuals of procedures, to ensure efficient data acquisition, data management, and quality control.
- Provides functional supervision for research assistants, study coordinators and other study personnel. May also direct and supervise students, fellows and other temporary personnel working on research projects.
Project Management, Statistical Analyses & Interpretation of Results:
- Responsible for data management together with a database consultant.
- Designs and performs statistical analyses in collaboration with a consultant and may direct others in this function.
- Oversees programmer and data managers to achieve the goals of the study.
- Interprets results and helps plan future investigations together with the Director.
Presentation, Manuscript Preparation, Grant Writing:
- Presents study results at scientific meetings and assists in the preparation of abstracts and manuscripts on which he/she is co-author.
- Participates in the writing of grants for submission to funding agencies.
- Assess computer and technology needs of the Center and make recommendations based on available departmental resources.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Epidemiology or equivalent required. Doctorate degree in epidemiology or equivalent degree preferred.
- At least 3 years experience with design, conduct and analyses of epidemiologic studies
- A background in project management including personnel training and supervision is also required.
- Must possess strong quantitative, analytical abilities for study design and implementation.
- Proficient in SAS programming and analyses needed.
- A thorough understanding of computer operations and extensive experience working with statistical and data management software are essential.
- Must have a demonstrated aptitude for scientific writing and possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are essential to provide clear direction to staff.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Doctoral degree with strong quantitative and computer skills, high attention to detail.
Under the direction of the Director or designee
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Research staff as assigned.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Individual will work mainly in a usual office environment. May also work on computerized biorepository databases.
Preferred Years Of Experience:3 Year(s)
Education Required:Masters Degree - MEd
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :