Looking for a way to influence the health and
If so, we'd love to hear from you! Our
mission-driven organization is focused on
Aim” - Better Health, Better
Healthcare and Lower Costs to individuals and their families who
participate in our health plans.
HEALTH serves 90,000+ workers in the
hospitality and gaming industry nationwide. Our desire to be innovative
and progressive drives us to develop impactful programs and benefits
designed to engage our participants in managing their own health and
healthcare. Our vision is exciting and challenging. Please read on to
learn more about this great opportunity!
- Integrity – Must be
trustworthy and principled when faced with complex situations
- Ability to build positive work
relationships – Mutual trust and respect will
be essential to the collaborative relationships required
- Communication – Ability
to generate concise, compelling, objective and data-driven
- Teamwork – Working well
with others is required in the Fund's collaborative
- Diversity – Must be
capable of working in a culturally diverse environment
- Continuous Learning –
Must be open to learning and skill development. As the Fund's needs
evolve, must be proactive about developing new areas of
- Lives our Values – Must
be a role model for the Fund's BETTER Culture and Mission (Better,
Engage, Teamwork, Trust, Empower, Respect)
The Operations Supervisor monitors the
collection of contributions from employers based on their Collective
Bargaining Agreements with the various Local Unions. The Operations
Supervisor ensures work history is input correctly for each participant
which provides eligibility for health care coverage. This position also
participates in open enrollment activities. This role provides daily
support to employees and gives guidance and direction in the enrollment
and COBRA processes while ensuring adherence to policies and
- Monitors staff goals, production, and quality, and
- Manages team workflows by delegating and assigning work to
- Allocates team resources to complete goals.
- Assists team in resolving complex or escalated
- Assists in processing work reports as needed.
- Approves and monitors timesheets of staff.
- Provides leadership, motivates, coaches and develops team
performance and promotes Fund culture/mission.
- Collaborates and partners with other Operations Supervisors to
ensure consistency across all teams and identify ways to be BETTER,
more efficient, adaptable and participant focused.
- Reviews contract extracts, inputs contract information and
requirements, and monitors contract status.
- Ensures adherence to policies and procedures are consistently
- Initiates and recommends policy changes.
- Collaborates with the Legal team to understand legal
regulations and plan provisions.
- Updates quarterly collections reports with payments received
on outstanding issues.
- Interacts with Employers, Local Unions and participants to
resolve complex issues.
- Interacts with Employers & Local Unions to educate
regarding Fund policies and procedures.
- Assists in training employers on processing work reports and
payments on the Fund's employer website
- Ensures COBRA, HIPAA and QMCSO policies and procedures are in
compliance with regulations and applicable laws.
- Strictly adheres to all regulatory and legal requirements,
including time deadlines
- Reviews Summary Plan Descriptions and Plan Document language
regarding COBRA, HIPAA certificates and QMCSO and ensures it accurately
reflects legal requirements and Fund policy and procedures.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that clearly
demonstrates: effective communication and cooperation that promotes open
exchange of information; respect; high ethical standards and
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of
responsibilities and requirements of the job.
- Perform Essential Job Functions and Duties with or without
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in accounting or participant
enrollment and eligibility
- Professional level training that provides working knowledge
- accounting principals
- administration of welfare plan benefits
- audit and billing procedures
- collective bargaining agreements and minimum
- plan documents and summary plan descriptions
- billing and delinquency procedures
- eligibility rules and enrollment functions
- customer service
- Supervisory experience including:
- setting and monitoring team goals and measuring
- coaching/mentoring/providing ongoing training to CAER
- conducting performance appraisals
- An understanding of Taft-Hartley Trust Funds and the union
- Highly developed problem solving, analytical and decision
- Demonstrate leadership skills and support & work in a
- Manage competing deadlines and multiple projects in a
- Perform the essential functions of this job with or without