ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform routine, emergency, and preventive maintenance
- Work on office and plant equipment, machines and building facilities
- Assist in maintaining plant security
- Maintain work area, equipment and tools
- Dispose of waste per company policies
- Calibrate equipment
- Assist in plant Self Safety and ASI inspections
- Assist in general plant cleaning and general appearance
- Keep the complex clean (offices, building and grounds)
- Comply with all OSHA required activities for PIT
- Operate floor scrubber
- Responsible for duties of Maintenance person grade 7
- Comply with all company/department safety rules and procedures
- Work effectively with managers, supervisors and other management personnel
- Perform other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma/GED
- 1+ yrs. of maintenance mechanic experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Strong math skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to work competently in emergencies
- Ability to use precision instrumentation for measurements
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches and equipment manuals
- Must be experienced in all facets of maintenance - mechanical, electrical, building, & vehicle repair, pump (positive displacement and centrifugal) drives, gearbox, belts, chain, hydraulic, couplings, motor-air, bearings, shafts, nuts, bolts, taps, and dies
- Electrical: High voltage 460-volt 3 phase, motor controls, low voltage, arch flash awareness.
- Boilers – understand steam condensate system –tracing, coils, traps, and pumps.
- Air compressor system- including filters regulators, dryers, and lubricators.
- HVAC – air handling, blowers, dust collectors.
- Lift truck- electric EE rated, battery and hydraulics
- Ability to work 40 hrs weekly and overtime and weekends
- Must pass maintenance qualification process
- Must be capable of lifting up to 55 lbs. and stand on feet for long periods of time
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical School diploma
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- Full Time, Non-Exempt
- 3rd Shift- 11:00 PM – 7:30 AM
UNION HOURLY PAY RATE:
During the interview process, candidate will be required to take and pass a Maintenance Mechanic test.
Background and Drug Screen are mandatory if an offer is made.
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Here:
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Education Required:None Required
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :