The Medical Records Supervisor will oversee the retrieval, release and tracking of medical records for patients tested at Myriad Genetics. An integral part of your role will be to refine and standardize processes and procedures for records management, including computerized records systems, and provide training to employees and departments throughout the company who access medical records. This position requires the both the ability to facilitate requests for medical information, as well as develop programs and procedures across the organization.
1. Oversee the use and disclosure of medical records for patients tested at Myriad Genetics.
2. Oversee the retrieval of paper charts for conversion to the electronic health record.
3. Ensure proper guidelines are in place to reduce the procedural errors and HIPPA violations,
and maintain strict confidentiality records.
4. Establish internal policies and procedures for the use and disclosure of medical records.
5. Establish internal policies and procedures for the conversion of paper chart to the electronic
6. Refine and standardize processes and procedures for records management, including
computerized records systems, and provide training to employees and departments
throughout the company who access medical records.
7. Ensure Myriad and its employees are dedication to the security of our medical records.
1. Previous medical records experience necessary.
2. In depth knowledge of appropriate PHI practices and HIPPA laws, and any other related
medical records rules and regulations.
Lifting Requirements – light work or exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
Physical Requirements – stationary positioning, moving, operating, ascending/descending,
communicating, observing, pushing or pulling and
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.