The Retail Facilities Manager is responsible for managing and supporting the day-to-day facility needs and requirements of all DWR studios. Internally, this person will work closely with the Finance department, Tech department, Marketing and the Regional Area Managers. External relationships will include facilities vendors, various subcontractors, and landlords. Oversee DWR office Receptionist.
- Responding to studios in a timely (sometimes urgent, after business hours) fashion for HVAC, plumbing, lighting, electrical and other needs.
- Set up utility, office supply, maintenance accounts for new studio openings. Order supplies and equipment for new studios.
- Cancel accounts for studio closings.
- Obtain proposals for work done at all DWR studios (Electrical, plumbing, painting, more). After approval of proposal, follow up through completion of job
- Code all related invoices and ensure amounts are in accordance with bids and quotes. Approve all assigned invoices in the apSmart system.
Daily support for studio facility needs. Including but not limited to:
- Responding to studios in a timely (sometimes urgent) fashion for HVAC, plumbing, lighting, electrical and other needs.
- First point of contact for facilities issues such as alarm calls for Studios during studio operating hours
- Work closely with IT to coordinate Studio IT initiatives such as Wi-Fi or cabling changes or new hardware roll-outs.
- Work closely with Marketing and Area Managers to implement studio design requirements such as new signage.
- Manage Studio closures including product/supply shipments, demolition, waste removal, cancelation of services
Manage existing and develop new relationships with studio, sample warehouse and DWR main office facilities vendors such as instore music, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and painting.
- Act as liaison with building management to address variety of issues such as parking, HVAC, elevator repairs, housekeeping, security.
- Manage leases and ensure timely compliance with lease related issues as well as confirming and approving all common area maintenance charges.
- Maintain Tenant Improvement Allowance collection procedure and ensure timely collections of reimbursement.
- Responsible for Bidding process for annual contracts of facilities vendors and studio fixtures and improvements.
- Code all related invoices and ensure amounts are according to bids and quotes.
- Manage existing and develop new relationships with General Contractors to ensure fair pricing and quality work
- Manage existing and develop new relationships with fixture vendors and manufacturers workers to ensure fair pricing and quality work
- Manage existing and develop new relationships with studio, sample warehouse, and DWR main office facilities vendors such as in store music, alarm system, HVAC
- Assist in identifying Bulk Buy opportunities
- Bachelors degree in Construction or Business with at least 5 years experience in project management and construction management.
- Experience in managing an annual budget required.
- Able to manage relationships with both internal external customers, as well as vendors.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings.
- Excel, Word, MS Project.
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabilities).