Amsted Rail - ASF Keystone
Amsted Rail is a globally integrated rail manufacturer. Railroads, as well as car builders, owners, and leasing companies rely on us to provide components and innovative systems for freight cars and locomotives, repair and service and location and condition monitoring. From the big picture to the finest details, Amsted Rail is continuously improving the heavy haul landscape.
Apart from our success as an Industry leader. We like introduce you to our strong commitment to safety and employee engagement, please visit us at www.amstedrail.com/sustainability/employees to learn about our drive to excellence.
Currently, we have an exciting opportunity to join our team as Shared Services Safety Director, overseeing Granite City, IL, Kansas City, KS, and Petersburg, VA locations.
The Shared Services Safety Director is responsible for developing & enhancing an employee driven safety culture and continuous improvement at all Amsted Rail facilities. Accomplishing this will be through the development, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive safety programs for the business. The Shared Services Safety Director provides direction and support necessary to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and standards to meet or exceed relevant internal and external safety standards in a manner consistent with sound business practice.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, administration and maintenance of Safety compliance and continuous improvement programs. Serve as liaison with applicable external regulatory agencies and coordinate and follow-up on Safety audits to ensure satisfactory compliance.
- Oversee the safety and health programs, policies and procedures impacting the organization. Plan and implement measures to ensure that work hazards are controlled.
- Develop and implement ongoing education for organizational safety issues and concerns.
- Identify company safety training needs and develop and coordinate safety training programs.
- Facilitate compliance with facility, regional, corporate and regulatory environmental & safety standards and guidelines through audits, inspections, recordkeeping and data documentation. Assist management with investigations, provide recommendations for corrective or preventive measures, and ensure that accurate environmental and injury/illness records are maintained.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of EHS regulations and laws to provide expertise for EHS assessments, capital projects, work orders, and general EHS related problem solving at the site, regional and corporate level as needed.
- Effectively work with supervisors and employees to coach and counsel on behaviors that support Amsted Rail's safety objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or EHS disciple preferred.
- Five to seven years experience in managing Safety programs within a heavy industrial environment, steel mill or foundry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, Safety regulations and OSHA standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interpret and present technical data. Microsoft office proficiency required.
- Computer literate, able to utilize general business software and technical programs designed for safety compliance.
- Able to travel 50% of the time.
Prospective candidates will be evaluated on individual leadership and influencing others, analysis and problem assessment, planning and organizing work, initiative, technical and professional knowledge, safety awareness, quality orientation, problem solving, communications, education, and experience.
Through competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud. If you are open to relocation, there are also vast advancement opportunities within the Amsted Corporation.
We offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We are 100% employee owned.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.amstedrail.com.
EOETo apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: http://amstedindustries.contacthr.com/58535956
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :