Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Clinical Specialist Advanced Practice Registered Nurse/RN to join the Nursing Administrative Oncology Team..
The address is Texas Health Fort Worth, 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas, 76104.
Salary: Min $43.75 – Max $68.11, based on relevant work experience.
• Full-Time, 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
As a Clinical Specialist Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with Texas Health Fort Worth, you will serve as a resource and mentor to staff by providing an advanced practice perspective in critical thinking, planning, decision making, and problem solving.
The essential duties of this position are:
• Assesses current knowledge of staff delivering clinical practice in specialty areas.
• Proactive in identifying patient safety issues.
• Demonstrates expertise in development of clinical practice.
• Uses the nursing process and clinical practice model to facilitate action and support rationale.
• Implements changes to improve clinical nursing practice and leads team in corrective action.
• Provides internal/external consultation services from an advanced nursing practice perspective.
• Evaluates clinical practice outcomes and safety issues for staff and patient populations.
• Utilizes a response based clinical proactive to distinctions and commonalities in patient situation.
• Demonstrates skilled performance under time pressures and subtle clinical changes.
• Demonstrates ethical expertise with emotional atonement.
• Manages technology and utilizes technology appropriately and avoids unnecessary intrusions.
• Identifies ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve process.
• Meets with staff to discuss issues concerning patient care.
• Assesses and incorporates research findings and current standards of practice into educational offerings and clinical practice.
• Develops and utilizes current nursing research to promote process/outcome improvement in nursing practice.
• Implements and participates in nursing and interdisciplinary patient care research activities to promote cost effectiveness, quality and service.
• Evaluates process, outcome, and impact of educational activities, new product evaluations, equipment trials, policy implementation, safety and satisfaction.
• Analyzes organizational systems from barriers and promotes enhancements.
• Integrates key performance indicators/patient safety in activities.
• Contributes to nursing knowledge by conducting or analyzing research to improve nursing practice.
• Utilizes clinical practice model philosophy to obtain adequate data to initiate, implement and revise plan of care to meet patient, physician and family needs.
• Assess the needs of staff and unit to identify collaborative issues that affect system practices and evidence based nursing care.
• Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of department policy and procedures, quality improvement program, department safety programs, environmental and infection control standards, service/unit standards and goals and clinical risk assessments.
Actively participates in Clinical Practice Council (CPC).
• Implements Clinical Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with peers, other disciplines, and unlicensed assistive personnel.
• Provides internal/external consultation services from an advanced practice perspective.
• Evaluates the outcomes of change and provides a visionary approach to quality in leadership and management issues.
• Delegations are appropriate to the licensure/registration, education and experience of the team.
• Assesses, defines, and monitors clinical competencies for areas of responsibility based on unit/division requirements, current standards of practice, and research findings.
• Demonstrates expertise in planning staff development and adult learning.
• Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for implementing unit specific education.
• Evaluates process, outcome and impact of educational activities and revises as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Master's Degree in Nursing required.
• Master's Degree in Healthcare related field that meets the BNE definition for advanced practice preferred.
• 5 years of related clinical experience required.
• 3 Years staff development or adult education preferred.
• RN - Registered Nurse required upon hire.
• APRN - Advanced Practice Nurse required upon hire
• CNS - Clinical Nurse Specialist preferred upon hire.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support required upon hire.
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred upon hire.
• Other specialty certification preferred upon hire.
• Effective leadership and interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, advanced knowledge of current professional and health care issues and nursing practice. Prescriptive authority preferred.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named "Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees' Choice "Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A "Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 "20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 "America's Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :