American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking an Associate Director, Clinical Quality to direct ACOG activities related to patient safety, quality improvement, and peer review. Provide staff expertise to and facilitate the work of the Committee on Patient Safety and Quality Improvement. Serve as liaison to various organizations on issues related to quality and safety.
- Direct the activities and document production of the Committee on Patient Safety and Quality Improvement. Develop quality and safety guidance and resource documents including Committee Opinions, Patient Safety Checklists, and Policy Statements. Manage committee initiatives.
- Manage development and presentation of postgraduate courses and education on quality and safety. Serve as part of the faculty team, develop curriculum and participant materials. Manage meeting logistics and marketing for educational offerings.
- Develop grant proposals for quality and safety initiatives and research projects. Manage awards and subcontracts as funded.
- Oversee ACOG's inpatient peer review consult, outpatient safety certification, and multispecialty Maintenance of Certification programs. Supervise department staff.
- Provide women's health clinical knowledge and experience as support to the Department of Clinical Informatics and Health Information Technology and Council on Patient Safety in Women's Health Care work groups for patient safety bundle development and implementation.
- Bachelors degree is required; Masters degree is preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in quality improvement and patient safety, either in a hospital or ambulatory care setting, professional medical or health care organization, or review entity.
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience in health care (registered nurse, physician assistant, etc), preferably in women's health care.
- Proficiency is required in monitoring the development, review, and editing of lengthy clinical guidance documents to ensure that author intent is preserved.
- Experience developing course curricula and materials is required; Sensitivity to the unique requirements of physician learning methods is also desirable.
- Experience in the development of policies and procedures for complex programs.
- Demonstrated skills are required in the assessment of quality improvement initiatives, management of human and financial resources, including project planning, implementation and evaluation; and budget/proposal development.
- A demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively with a variety of individuals and to manage physician-member standing committees is required. Must be self-directed and internally motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, preferably giving national clinical conference/course presentations, medical writing, and grant proposal development.
- Previous grant or research award project management experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- 10% travel required
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care through continuing medical education, practice, and research. When you join ACOG, you're joining an organization that promotes growth, development, and flexibility. People who work at ACOG are driven to reduce barriers to contraception for all women, regardless of income, employment, or state of residence.
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Preferred Years Of Experience:7 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :