Rochester Regional Health
The Audiologist will evaluate patients for hearing loss, balance issues or other ear-related conditions and demonstrate an advanced level of clinical knowledge, communication and interdisciplinary collaboration, professionalism and systems-based practice
STATUS: Full time
LOCATION: Newark, Canandaigua, Geneseo
SCHEDULE: Days, Monday-Friday
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Au.D.(preferred) or Master's Degree in Audiology
- NY state Audiology license and NY state Hearing Aid Dispensing license
- Patient Care. Identify, diagnose, and manage disorders for patients of all ages for hearing, balance, and tinnitus using otoscopic examination, comprehensive audiological testing, COR and VRA, and Acoustic Immittance testing. Assess the candidacy of patients with hearing loss for hearing aids, bone anchored hearing aids and cochlear implants.
- Management & Development. Develop treatment plans in collaboration with Otolaryngologists to provide optimal patient medical management; order consultations and interact with members of other specialty medical teams; assist in the collection of data for research projects.
- Patient Satisfaction. Interacts on a frequent, regular and daily basis with patients, family members, medical/social/public services support, regulatory agencies. Interaction and communication requires expressed empathy, understanding, problem-solving, education, information gathering, process influencing and counseling.
- Documentation. Obtain complete, detailed and accurate patient histories, review patient records, perform physical exams, record all pertinent data to develop comprehensive medical status, diagnosis and clinical treatment plan for all assigned patients.
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :