Take on a high-visibility role within a world-class health care leader. Help ensure the financial health of a dynamic, complex organization. Take your professional expertise to the next level. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As one of our health system Budget Managers, you will be a key member of the team managing the budgeting, financial planning and operational finance for a $3 billion annual operating budget that includes over 600 cost centers. You will become the trusted advisor to these cost centers as you:
* Work with cost centers to identify opportunities for efficiencies
* Utilize project management skills to prioritize and implement system, tool, process and other initiative
* Establish metrics and benchmarks to measure progress and success
* Develop annual cost center budgets
* Review and analyze monthly budget variance and trends
* Identify opportunities to realign cost centers to budget
* Collect and analyze data for resource, expenditure, capital, strategic planning requests, and present analysis
* Maintain position control, review cost center labor metrics, and assist cost centers with maintaining resources within metrics
* Help cost centers identify opportunities for efficiencies
* Develop and deliver relevant training for cost centers
* Prepare financial analyses for workload, revenue, recharges, expenses, FTE, salary and non-labor expense
We're seeking a flexible and self-motivated professional with:
* Bachelor's degree in a business-related field with advanced degree preferred - preferably finance or accounting
* A minimum of 8 to 10 years of financial management experience within an academic medical center, hospital system, or consulting/accounting firm specializing in Academic Medical Centers or Hospital Systems
* Advanced and in-depth understanding of financial elements of health care delivery
* Passion for process improvement, including project management skills, planning, setting priorities, systematic performance assessment, and implementation
* Advanced and proven problem solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to develop advanced data queries utilizing financial systems and reporting software
* Experience preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual budget, forecast, and long-range plans
* Ability to collaborate with operations on how to convert current activity into new technologies or more effective and efficient processes.
* Thorough knowledge of large-scale integrated client server/ERP/budgeting and planning systems such as EPSI, Kaufman Hall
* Exceptional communication, interpersonal, prioritizing, analytical and problem-solving skills
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles' trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you're looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :