MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- Physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- Revenue cycle management solutions
- Performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The Clinical OB Anesthesia Registered Nurse (COBAN, RN) provides obstetric analgesic anesthesia support and assists physicians in epidural analgesia patient management. The OB Anesthesia RN provides direct management of patients with consultation, collaboration, and supervision from a supervising physician.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provide obstetric analgesic anesthesia support to patients admitted to Labor and Delivery.
2. Obtain a health history of patients admitted to Labor and Delivery.
3. Provide patient education of obstetric analgesia/anesthesia options and services provided at time of admission.
4. Respond to Birth Center Emergency pages.
5. Attend Patient Board Rounds daily with the anesthesia and obstetric care team as part of providing complete obstetric anesthesia care.
6. Consult with anesthesiologist on clinical status of all patients admitted to Labor and Delivery, review patient's desires regarding pain management and develop pain management plan.
7. Consult with the obstetric and Labor and Delivery staff regarding patient’s clinical status and pain management plan. Prepare patients for epidural analgesia.
8. Assist anesthesiologist in establishing epidural analgesia. Monitor patients throughout epidural analgesia. Treat inadequate analgesia and limited complications associated with the procedure as directed by the anesthesiologist.
9. Re-evaluate patient’s response to pain management intervention and consult as needed with the anesthesiologist regarding changes in patient’s clinical status.
10. Perform regular patient rounds on patients with epidural analgesia to assess quality of pain management, presence of side effects or equipment problems. Consults with anesthesiologist as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Physical demands of job may include considerable standing, walking and lifting.
2. Talking and hearing, to converse with staff members, parents and visitors.
3. Visual acuity for patient assessment and to read reports/documentation.
4. Works inside; however, may need to transport via ground or air.
5. May be required to drive, via private car, to another site location during a given shift.
6. Able to adapt to scheduling changes and increased staffing of the practice.
7. Able to work effectively under stressful conditions.
8. Possible exposure to communicable diseases.
9. Possible blood-borne pathogen exposure.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
1. Ability to perform essential job functions.
2. Current licensure in the state of practice.
3. Licensure/recognition by the appropriate state agencies.
4. Minimum of 3 years nursing experience. Recent (within the last 2-3 years) obstetric perinatal clinical experience or critical care experience.
5. Current NRP, PALS, BLS or ALS status as required by practice or healthcare facility.
6. Credentialed by Anesthesia Medical Group and healthcare facility.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Salary Range:$25.72 - $45.67
Share On :