UPMC Pinnacle (Lancaster) – Consult Psychiatrist
UPMC Pinnacle has a vision for a healthier community. That is why in everything we do; our goal is to meet or exceed the expectations of our patients and their families. As a leading employer in the region, UPMC Pinnacle strives to attract and retain talented, compassionate people who share this same vision. There are many benefits in becoming an employee at UPMC Pinnacle:
- Fast paced inpatient environment with leading-edge technology
- Career ladder and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Work collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and pharmacists
- Competitive wages and benefits
UPMC Pinnacle is seeking a full-time Consult Psychiatrist to join our growing psychiatry team and play an integral role in helping to provide high-quality, compassionate care to adult patients in our community.
About the Position:
- Provides direct consultative service to patients on Med/Surg floors and ED units at UPMC Pinnacle Lititz
- Participates in treatment consultations as needed and consults regularly with CRNPs and other physicians, clinicians, and other relevant staff, providing leadership regarding treatment modalities, medications, appropriate level of care, and discharge planning
- Monday to Friday schedule
- Minimal call – on call coverage as needed to be distributed between current psychiatry staff and agreed upon mutually
- Collaborates with and supervises Advanced Practice Providers
- Board-certified/Board eligible
- Team orientated with the ability to provide personalized patient care and demonstrate clinical outcomes
- Commitment to providing high-quality and compassionate care to patients
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues and CME allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Potential sign on bonus
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com "America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's "Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a two to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered healthcare services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. Its more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals and approximately 11,000 employees serve a 10-county area at outpatient facilities and eight acute care hospitals with 1,360 licensed beds: Carlisle, Community Osteopathic, Hanover, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lititz, Memorial, and West Shore. The not-for-profit system anticipates caring for more than 1.2 million area residents in FY 2018. For more information, visit www.UPMCPinnacle.com.
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :