San Jacinto College
San Jacinto College
Equal Opportunity Statement: The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
- The Document Management Coordinator understands Facilities Services' leadership vision for document management services and develops strategies and procedures to implement this plan for all groups within the department.
- Responsible for administering all document management processes; identifies problems and suggests improvements to these processes.
- Coordinate with Facilities Services staff and leadership in setting up and maintaining master document management structures for department documents. Assists in developing and maintaining electronic and paper records for planning, construction, and operations functions.
- Maintains master list of Facilities Services design guidelines and specifications in electronic and paper format. Responsible for update and revision procedure.
- Responsible for maintaining offsite document storage system. Maintain inventory of paper files; manage storage, retrieval, copy, and destruction of files as required.
- Utilize College document systems, including PaperWise and others, to file, store, retrieve, and copy various Facility Services documents in electronic format. Organize construction project files within designated systems, ensuring files have the most current document sets, and that older files are archived accordingly.
- Provide technical writing and/or editing support in the creation of procedures, instructions, specifications, manuals, articles, and other documents. Gather, develop, and disseminate technical information within work team as necessary.
- Support Project Managers, Engineers, Architects, Contractors, and Consultants with document management services related to construction documents as needed.
- Maintain master document listing for each construction project. Review electronic drawings and documents being submitted to the College for compliance with identification and formatting procedure. Support Project Managers in sending documents with appropriate transmittals to review team. Gather comments and return comments to the originator within timeframes specified.
- Coordinate with Project Manager in the receipt, distribution, and storage of project close out documents. Transfer paper documents to offsite storage.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Facilities Services web page is maintained current and up to date. Develop and maintain electronic storage plan for department photos.
- Provide weekly report of Document Management activities and metrics.
Salary Grade: 15
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req1170
Posting Close Date: 7/20/2018
- Associate Degree
- Three (3) or more years of document management experience in a Facilities Services or related environment.
- Document management experience with construction, architectural, engineering and/or other related documents.
- PaperWise or similar document management software and/or program/project management software.
- Experience interacting with diverse populations at all levels of the organization, as well as outside customers and vendors.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's Degree.
Preferred Years Of Experience:3 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :