Dentistry for Kids
Dentistry for Kids
As a bilingual Dental Assistant, you fill an important role in our dental office assisting dentists at chair side, greeting patients, and preparing them for treatment. Help keep the office running smoothly by making sure the dental department is stocked, clean and equipment is properly sterilized and in good working order. Dental Assistants may also provide back-up support in the front office occasionally, greeting and registering patients, answering phones, and filing.
This is a part time, as-needed position, which means that the work schedule varies. Clinic hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Earn additional income and build positive working relationships with the dental team that can lead to a position with more hours and benefits. Bilingual English/Spanish skills are required.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: Experience as a dental assistant preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: WA State Dental Assistant Registration. All employees, CPR certification within 3 months of employment. NOTE: Dental Assistants who have not received their Dental Assistant registration from the State of Washington will not be allowed to perform some duties until it is received. Prior to receiving registration, the Dental Assistant will be allowed to observe patient care and assist with paperwork and receptionist roles only. Dental Assistant Registration must be completed within 7 days of hire unless specifically approved by the Clinic Administrator.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: KNOWLEDGE - Dental anatomy, dental materials and instruments, infection control techniques, and oral health care instruction. SKILLS - Bilingual English/Spanish - demonstrating ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale, good manual dexterity and coordination, read and write dental and some medical terminology, accurately record dental charting and vital signs, accurately expose radiographs and mount them at a diagnostically acceptable level (with a minimum of retakes), and perform BLS. Basic computer skill and knowledge. ABILITIES - Personable, like to work with people of all ages, including children, call emergency personnel, and perform four-handed dental assisting: instrument transfer, oral evacuation, cement mixing, and spatulation.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care. Recognizing social determinates of health, we also have community programs that offer assistance with employment and training, afterschool education, rental and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Part Time
Share On :