Affinity Dental Management
The Dental Hygienist motivates, educates, and provides excellent treatment. Under indirect supervision, the Dental Hygienist will remove hard and soft deposits from teeth and examine oral areas, head, and neck for signs of oral disease. He or she will educate patients on oral hygiene, provide preventative dental care and non-surgical periodontal care, take and develop X-rays, and apply fluoride or sealants. By discovering and documenting areas of failure, both periodontally and restoratively, he or she facilitates the dentist’s diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
- Welcome and seat patient cheerfully.
- Prepare and properly set up treatment rooms for hygiene procedures.
- Review and update patient’s health history; chart progress, treatments, and home care compliance.
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments, including scaling and root planning for patients with periodontal disease
- Assess and evaluate patient through exam, patient records, and patient’s medical history to assist in diagnosis of dental hygiene problems, disease, and efficacy of administered treatment plans. Complete scheduled treatments.
- Capture x-rays, process, download and mount for doctor to view; capable of interpreting x-rays independently.
- Educate and motivate patient on proper oral hygiene and corrective/preventative measures.
- Work chair side with Dentist as needed, assist doctor in hygiene examination.
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
- Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
- Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
- Associate's Degree or higher from ADA accredited dental hygienist school.
- Current State License.
- CPR Certification.
- Preferred one-year dental experience.
- Preferred certified in anesthesia, if appropriate
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings displaying exceptional skill in time management in order to set and maintain own and subordinate procedure and task schedules.
- Competitive hourly rates, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation/holidays/sick days, and 401k plan
Education Required:2 Year Degree - AA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :