Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for development and maintenance of laboratory operations plan. Development and implementation of quality strategies. Daily laboratory operations.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Responsible for General Laboratory operations
- Serves a liaison and consultant to hospital departments
- Contributes to the annual marketing plan
- Responsible for Point of Care Testing
- Works with materials management/laboratory administrative director to negotiate vendor contracts for reagents, instruments and supplies
- Works with information services to develop and maintain reporting processes
- Monitors daily quality and responds with corrective actions as needed
- Restructures workflow and processes to meet or exceed standards for safety and service
- Monitors customer satisfaction and service utilization and initiates corrective actions as needed
- Administers departmental education programs, coordinates activities of professional staff including competency testing
- Administers departmental personnel management programs to include, but not limited to: interviewing prospective hires, hiring, counselling and discipline of employees, performance appraisals.
- Rounds on patients and caregivers regularly to hear concerns, encourage, reinforce and show appreciation for their efforts.
- Delegates responsibilities with clarity to ensure understanding and follow up with regular progress reports to ensure intended results are achieved.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider, and organizational confidentiality procedures and protocols defined under the HIPAA Privacy Policies.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and accreditation standards including, but not limited to TJC, ISO, FDA, CAP and others.
|Work Experience||* Min. of 7 years’ progressive experience in lab supervision and management * Min. of 3 years’ experience in management with financial responsibility|
|Education||* Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science or related field. * Master’s degree in business administration (Preferred) * Certification in medical laboratory science (Preferred)|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||* Financial reporting and budget development * Coaching and mentoring * Quality improvement including basic knowledge of lean principles * Contract negotiation * Computer skills with basic and advanced software * Comprehensive knowledge of clinical laboratory science|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.JOB REQUIREMENTS: <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/68996200.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/68996200
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :