Position Title: Director of Health Services
Department: Health Services
Reports To: Dean of Students
Starting Salary: $59,181.00
- Summers off
- Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
The position provides leadership for a college-based health clinic on a capitated financial structure, direct healthcare to NMC students, staff and faculty as a nurse practitioner for preventive health, chronic and acute medical issues and relevant health education programming to NMC students.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Minimum 2 years' Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant experience
- Knowledge of epidemiology and prevention (vaccine preventable diseases)
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Certification
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
- Between 5 and 10 years preferred experience
- Education beyond a Master's Degree
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervises others in accordance with NMC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time, 40+ hour per week position. Working 42 weeks per year at 81% full time equivalent (FTE) appointment. Summers off!
Anticipated start date is Monday, August 3rd, 2020 of Fall Semester.
Applications must be received by 5 pm on Monday, March 16th, 2020. This position will remain open until filled. Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs For assistance call 231-995-2612 or 1-800-748-0566 x52612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.