Gerald R Ford International Airport Authority
Gerald R. Ford International Airport, Michigan Department of Transportation’s 2021 Airport of the Year, is seeking an experienced Maintenance and Asset Management Director. This position will be responsible for leading teams that focus on the critical areas of facilities and field maintenance, associated infrastructure as well as develop talent to create a comprehensive and cohesive department. Functional areas within the scope of this position include preventative and corrective maintenance programs for: Structures and Facilities (terminal buildings, concourses, HVAC, electrical, conveyance, etc.), Airfield Maintenance (runways, taxiways, roadways, fleet, paving and snow and ice control etc.) and Grounds. Experience developing and overseeing an airport snow and ice control plan is strongly preferred.
Essential duties for this position include:
- Responsible for overseeing the leadership that manages staff and ensures continual operation, and maintenance of airport facilities, airfield and all associated infrastructure in accordance with established Airport policies, procedures and with all applicable governing statutes and regulations including labor agreements.
- Provides oversight for asset management and maintenance ensuring compliance and safety; monitoring and managing contractors and their performance ensuring airport and contractual standards are met.
- Provide support and development to staff through performance management, coaching, training, motivation, succession planning, discipline and application of organizational policies and procedures.
- Participates in annual FAA certification, Risk Management inspections and the Health and Safety Committee, and ensures that any noted noncompliance items are corrected.
- Develop the fiscal responsibilities of the Department including budget preparations and performance.
- Create Key Performance Indicators to monitor and measure areas of improvement in contract service levels, safety and workforce efficiencies.
- Participates in long-term capital improvement program and facilities needs planning.
- Leads and manages the maintenance and repair of the passenger terminal and other facilities under the responsibility of the Authority in such fields as: electric power and lighting, plumbing, heating, paving, masonry, painting, welding, sheet metal, and carpentry.
- Directs cleaning and housekeeping activities for interior and exterior facilities, grounds and properties under the responsibility of the Authority.
- Develops and administers policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of staff, including MSDS posting and training.
- Participates in the development of proposals and requests for proposals; reviews project bids received from external vendors and contractors; and recommends the selection of vendors and contractors for renovation, expansion, and alteration projects.
- In cooperation with GFIA Engineering staff, ensures that all repairs and renovations comply with applicable building codes and standards and contract specifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
We are interested in hearing from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in aviation management, facilities, transportation, logistics management, or related area; and ten years progressively responsible experience including five years of management/supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the duties of the position as listed above. Airport experience is preferred.
- Certified Member of AAAE preferred
- Must be able to possess and maintain a valid Michigan Driver’s License.
- Thorough working knowledge of FAA rules, regulations and requirements governing maintenance and operations.
- The incumbent must be willing to carry a cell phone to respond to emergency situations during both assigned working and off-duty hours.
Are you interested? Come and learn why Getting There is Better Here. For more information about this position see the attached position description and benefits at a glance.
Gerald R. Ford International Airport Authority is an equal-opportunity employer that offers a generous compensation and benefits package. Benefits include, medical, dental, vision, defined contribution retirement, life insurance, short and long term disability, vacation, pay for performance and much more.
Share On :