Massasoit Community College
Director of Nursing Program
About Massasoit Community College:
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. We are dedicated to creating a challenging and supportive environment where the members of our community can attain their educational and personal goals. We encourage all to take responsibility for their learning, to discover their potential, and to achieve their ambitions. Massasoit Community College is solidly committed to diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action in the development of its policies, programs, procedures, and practices. Our mission, vision, and values emanate from the principles of diversity and opportunity for all.
In accordance with the American College and University Presidents' Climate Commitment, it is our goal as educational leaders to demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainable practices through highly visible efforts. All staff must demonstrate a commitment to energy conservation and environmental stewardship and promote those values to co-workers and the wider campus community.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the college. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Director of the Nursing Program provides academic and administrative leadership of the Associate Degree of Nursing (ADN) program in conjunction with the Dean for Nursing and Allied Health. The Director is responsible for managing the overall operation of the ADN (Day and Evening options) and supervising the activities of the faculty and professional staff including, but not limited to: recruiting, orienting, training, directing, supervising, and evaluating department members; as well as contributing to the curriculum development initiative, program accreditation, and program development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as the Nurse Administrator/Administrator of record in accordance with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing and accreditation requirements.
- Oversee program regulations, accreditation, planning, implementation, and evaluation of all aspects of nursing educational program.
- Provide leadership and direction to faculty and professional staff in the development of initiatives and activities that promote student success and help to meet expected program outcomes, as well as align with Massasoit's mission, vision, and values.
- Facilitate curriculum development and the delivery of engaging instruction that effectively prepares qualified students to be safe, thoughtful, and collaborative nurses.
- Develop and improve departmental curriculum which includes the development, revision, implementation and /or removal of courses.
- Coordinate searches for full-time faculty and staff positions; assist the Program Chair with recruiting adjunct faculty.
- Orient, assign, and evaluate full-time, adjunct program, and clinical faculty, as well as professional staff.
- Ensure compliance with all required state nursing and nursing education regulations.
- Manage accreditation processes. Facilitate the completion of all activities required to maintain positive program accreditation, including participating in related professional development activities, timely submission of required materials, and needed correspondence with accrediting bodies.
- Develop a formative assessment plan that includes benchmarking at the completion of each semester; develop a plan that addresses issues identified by this assessment. Provide leadership for faculty in designing and implementing yearly student learning outcome assessment activities, as well as the use of enrollment and other data for program improvement.
- Facilitate Massasoit's program review process and use of results to implement changes.
- Determine priorities for budgetary expenditures based on departmental and program delivery needs; monitor budget and provide initial approval of program expenditures; provide suggestions for the use of donor funds to advance student access to quality nursing education and educational advancement.
- Coordinate, evaluate and participate in determining admission criteria and procedures as well as student promotion and retention criteria.
- Collaborate with personnel of other College divisions to ensure effective health care program recruiting and project implementation, with particular attention to work with Admissions, Advising, Marketing & Communications, the Massasoit Foundation, and program assessment partners.
- Collaborate with other health occupation departments, such as the certified nursing assistant non-credit program.
- Provide input to the Dean regarding program development, budget, hiring and promotion of full-time faculty and professional staff.
- Support and collaborate with faculty on the inclusion of High Impact Practices. Contribute to the development and updates to course and clinical delivery schedules.
- Support nursing faculty and professional staff in meeting professional development expectations.
- Resolve student and faculty issues as they occur.
- Ensure that students receive mid-semester progress reports, regarding clinical and course strengths, as well as needed improvements.
- Regularly update clinical partnership contracts with health care facilities and maintain positive working relationships with representatives of these agencies and hospitals.
- Oversee clinical rotation schedules, staffing, and assessment activities.
- Oversee and direct all activities relative to management, operation and upgrade of the simulation labs and nursing arts labs and equipment including compliance with federal, state and professional standards; maintain list of equipment needs and budget requirements.
- Implement Board of Nursing regulations and other laws and policies in support of students and their academic work.
- Participate in on-campus and off-campus meetings associated with advancing career pathways for nurses, as well as the design/implementation of other activities associated with maintaining a strong Massasoit nursing program.
- Explore opportunities for expanding the nursing program.
- Maintain positive working relations with Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) completion program faculty and professional staff, who provide BSN-completion education through agreements with Massasoit.
- Identify new health care program development options and contribute to approved new program development initiatives.
- Assist the Dean in implementing activities and initiatives that are consistent with the goals of the nursing programs, unit needs, and mission of the College.
- Manage grants related to nursing program delivery, new program development, and program delivery innovations.
- Participate on College committees and in shared governance opportunities.
- Observe and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement changes and administer specific components of those agreements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution.
- Unrestricted Massachusetts nursing license in good standing, or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire, as demonstrated by current credentials and standing with other state licensing agency.
- Experience as a nursing program coordinator or manager.
- Minimum three years of experience in credit-bearing nursing education.
- Minimum five years of full-time clinical experience, or its equivalent, within the last ten years.
- Experience in working with nursing accreditation and/or state nursing regulatory agencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong individual and group communication skills.
- Experience working with other healthcare professionals in a variety of health care settings or functions.
- Demonstrated strong writing, computer literacy, and report preparation skills.
- Demonstrated experience with course and curriculum development.
- Budget management experience.
- Program planning and assessment experience.
- Knowledge and use of program outcome assessment processes and results.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Participates in nursing program student activities and engages in the life of the college beyond program delivery.
- Doctorate in Nursing; or Master's degree in Nursing with a doctorate in a related field such as higher education.
- Community college teaching or administrative experience.
- Experience with High Impact Practices.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a unionized setting.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Implementing cultural competence standards in curriculum of nursing education programs.
- Evaluating nursing programs and recommending changes where needed.
- Securing and administering grants.
- Facilitating or contributing to the development of web or other program marketing materials.
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Position Status: Non-unit Professional, full-time state funded with benefits.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: $95,000 - $110,000, Commensurate with education and experience.
Worksite: Assignments will include all Massasoit sites
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
A cover letter and resume are required, please apply online.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Chief Diversity Officer & Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 508-588-9100, x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Associate Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Joseph DiMaria, 508-588-9100, x1417, Brockton Campus, Student Center, Room 208A, email@example.com, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, visit https://massasoit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=119209
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Education Required:Masters Degree - MS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :