Northwestern Michigan College
Director of Nursing Programs
Tracking Code: 1071-443
Position Title: Director of Nursing Programs
Department: Health Occupations Academic Area
Reports To: Health Occupations Academic Chair
Starting Salary: $79,718.00
This is a regular full-time position during academic semesters. Twenty (20) hour/week for 8 weeks in the summer. Potential for teaching nursing content with additional compensation.
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
The position provides administrative and educational leadership in the development and continuous quality
improvement of the Nursing Department and various allied health courses and partnerships, including developing new
opportunities and resources, facilitating processes related to curriculum development and program outcomes, and
representing the Department at the statewide level with relevant organizations and agencies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Five years' experience in educational management and/or administration
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
- Valid, unrestricted Michigan Driver's License or ability to obtain by start date
- CPR instructor certification within 6 months
- Doctorate in Nursing
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Experience with national accreditation processes
- Experience teaching collegiate Nursing courses
- Background in Emergency Medical Services and the ability to prepare for the site visit for the Emergency Medical Services Education program approval through the State of Michigan.
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervises others in accordance with NMC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time, 40+ hour per week position during academic semesters. Twenty (20) hours/week for 8 weeks in the summer.
Applications submitted by April 3, 2019 will receive first consideration. Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. For assistance call 231-995-2612 or 1-800-748-0566 x52612 or email email@example.com .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
All applicants are required to review the job description prior to applying. Click here to review
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Education Required:Masters Degree - MS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :