The Director of Preconstruction - Senior Estimator is responsible for preconstruction and project control activities for all projects nationally. This involves preliminary planning and engineering to define the project scope, identify potential issues, analyze cost, and determine most efficient use of resources. The Senior Estimator recommends the primary building enclosure, systems, materials and prepare a concept estimate for the project based on the program scope, unit mix, code requirements and geography. Works closely with the Architecture and Engineering team in the design of the project to ensure it is designed to be efficient and cost effective while meeting the expectations of the target customer. Leads the estimating team thru the detailed estimates during the SD/DD and CD phases.
- Estimating Leadership: Responsible for the quality of all estimates created for projects; reviews opinion of probable cost created by the Estimating team for accuracy and thoroughness; ensures collaboration between the Estimating Team and other project members to ensure alignment from the beginning of a project through completion. Oversees analysis of past performance on projects and establishes estimating standards for all future estimates based on such analysis.
- Liaison with Design Team (architects, engineers, consultants), Construction Operations, Subcontractors, and Client: Prepares detailed estimates of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
- Preconstruction Planning, Scheduling, Reporting and Execution:? Develops a value analysis of the proposed scope, scheduling and defines alternatives that are more cost effective; prepares quantity take-offs, analysis, estimates, and studies for items incorporated in the assigned scope; and, performs constructability analysis' through identifying design and constructability issues.
- Documentation: Oversees department quality standards for deliverables such as bid packages, proposal formats and budget tracking tools; assists in oversight of the historical cost database, bid management and estimating software.
- Performance Management: Works with team members to establish clear goals and expectations, provides ongoing feedback, develops skills and knowledge of team members, and rewards people for their behavior and results.
- Business Development: Supports business development through providing conceptual estimates as part of the capture process and confidence in ERDMAN's estimating and cost management processes through responding to RFQs, RFPs, and interviews.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering required; Master's degree in Business, Construction, or Engineering preferred.
Certifications and/or Licenses: AACE Certification preferred
Relevant Experience & Training:
- A minimum of 5 years directing estimating, scheduling, and preconstruction services in the senior living industries working on projects valued at $25M+ is required.
- Experience with design-build and design-bid-build construction, and advanced experience with developing cost reports and schedules.
- Knowledge of federal and state OSHA regulations, and industry safety best practices.
- Experience with ERP, SharePoint, DESTINY Estimator, and Primavera preferred.
- 10% national travel may be required.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :