WaterOne is an independent public water utility. We've been proudly serving the Johnson County, Kansas area since 1957. Every day, nearly 455,000 customers rely on WaterOne to provide fresh, clean water on demand. It's a responsibility we deliver on. Our passion is water because water touches everything we care about: family, health, safety, and community. We serve our community by bringing award-winning water to their homes, businesses, and public places.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Electrician to join the WaterOne family! Our team of Electricians install, maintain, and repair a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment across multiple state-of-the-art water treatment facilities in the Johnson County area.
Customer Service Commitment
WaterOne employees shall continuously strive to meet or exceed the expectations of both their internal and external customers. Questions and concerns shall be acknowledged on the same day whenever possible, but no later than the next business day. Issues shall be resolved as promptly as possible, with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains electrical equipment and electronic control systems at all District facilities, such as electrical controls, chemical feeders, mixers, pneumatic systems, basin drives, motor starters, pump motors, etc.
- Performs electrical circuit alterations for improving efficiency or reliability.
- Tests, repairs and replaces transformers, capacitor banks, switch gear and electrical motors of various kinds.
- Tests, repairs and replaces variable and adjustable frequency drives.
- Tests, repairs and replaces the electrical components of automatic controls for basins, wet wells, and chemical feed systems.
- Tests, repairs and replaces associated electrical items on such equipment as air compressors, exhaust fans, cathodic protection equipment, chlorination equipment, and automated control valves.
- Repairs and maintains electrical substations and distribution equipment.
- Maintains lighting for all Water District facilities and elevated tanks.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance tasks on electrical equipment and electrical gear.
- Maintains an inventory of electrical equipment and materials on trucks by periodic checking and restocking.
- Performs Lockout and Tagout procedures as required.
- Utilizes programmable logic controllers to troubleshoot electrical equipment and systems. Makes minor programming changes or programming recommendations as needed.
- Performs motor alignments using laser alignment system and corrects alignment issues as required.
- Performs vibration monitoring and vibration analysis on large pump motors.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
These key core competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee at WaterOne:
- Communicates Effectively – Demonstrates ability to listen and express oneself effectively and shares information as appropriate for the position needed to perform the job effectively.
- Conscientiousness – Expresses the motivation to perform one's job in a careful, thorough way that adheres to the standards of honesty and integrity.
- Customer Focus – Demonstrates a concern for satisfying both internal and external customers and builds collaborative relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Demonstrates the ability to effectively coordinate with others to achieve goals and solve problems by maintaining flexibility and open mindedness.
- Problem Solving/Drive for Results – Demonstrates the ability to find solutions to complex problems and consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
In addition to the core competencies, these key competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee in this position:
- Ethics and Integrity – Earns others' trust and respect through honesty and professionalism by adhering to a set of core values.
- Job Knowledge – Understands the purpose of the position and demonstrates knowledge by staying current with changes impacting their job.
- Safety and Security Focus – Adheres to all workplace safety and security policies, standards, and practices.
- Teamwork – Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and encourages team unity through sharing, working together and putting team success first.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- High school graduate or GED.
- Five years' experience as an electrician in an industrial or commercial setting.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in meeting the requirements above.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic repairs of motors, controllers and variable speed drives.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory and practice.
- Know test bench methods and proper operation of portable electrical and electronic test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, meggers, Hi-Pot testers, vibration analyzing, and balancing equipment.
- Know or ability to learn basic proficiencies in Programmable Logic Controllers, PLC applications, and programming skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment control circuitries from electrical schematics.
- Know how to read blueprints and work from sketches.
- Working knowledge of computers and basic computer applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with other WaterOne employees.
- Must follow instructions properly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and continuously meet WaterOne driving standards.
- Communicate well in English both orally and in writing.
- Aware of occupational hazards working with electricity and climbing.
- Knowledgeable in proper confined space entry and the safe handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Available for emergency call-out on a rotating schedule.
- Must pass post offer medical exam, including drug screen and background verification (may not apply to current employees).
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
- Vocational training in the electrical or electronics field.
- Familiarity with NFPA 70E arc flash safety requirements.
- Experience in an industrial setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally lift/or move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. The employee must be able to move occasionally from one location to another or be able to remain in a stationary position for up to several hours a day. The employee must be in possession of a licenses and be able to operate a vehicle at any given time. The employee must be able to occasionally position self to inspect, repair, install and remove various items and be able to work in outdoor weather conditions. The employee must be able to ascend and descend ladders to work on equipment. The employee must be able to distinguish colors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Protective equipment, including but not limited to personal protective equipment for eyes, face, head and extremities, protective clothing, respiratory devices, and protective shields and barriers, may be required and shall be maintained in the sanitary and reliable condition wherever it is necessary by reason of hazards of process or environment, chemical hazards, or mechanical hazard encountered in a manner capable of causing injury or impairment in the function of any part of the body through absorption, inhalation or physical contact.
WaterOne provides a total compensation package that includes:
- Competitive base pay
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and LTD insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Voluntary deferred compensation savings account
- Mandatory cash balance plan
- Comprehensive wellness program
- Educational assistance program
- A variety of other benefit programs and activities
Equal Opportunity Employer
WaterOne is an equal opportunity employer and upholds a non-discrimination policy. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, military status, or marital status in making employment and business decisions. We also prohibit harassment and retaliation in the workplace and in our dealings with the public. We encourage and welcome diversity of backgrounds in our workforce. WaterOne complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA).
Preferred Years Of Experience:3 Year(s)
Education Required:GED,High School
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :