Full-time position with comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Retirement and more.
The Healthy Families program serves pregnant and parenting families with children ages 0-5. The goal of the program is to promote positive parent-child interaction, support healthy childhood growth and development, and enhance family functioning.
The goal of the Family Support Specialist is to promote positive parent-child interaction, support healthy childhood growth and development, and enhance family functioning. Home visits involve planned, focused interventions and delivery of the evidence based Growing Great Kids curriculum. The FSS utilizes a strength based and family centered perspective to build rapport and empower families to meet their goals. This is achieved by decreasing risk and increasing protective factors such as knowledge of child health and development, nurturing skills, confidence, problem solving, and support networks.
The FSS also provides case management, crisis intervention, advocacy, and linkage to wraparound services as needed, working collaboratively with other community agencies. The FSS may remain as a resource to families for up to five years.
• Provide home visitation services to families
• Complete all home visit documentation, measurement tools, and outcome reporting in a professional, objective, and timely manner
• Develop and manage Individualized Family Service Plans with each family
• Teach families child development and parenting skills using the Growing Great Kids curriculum
• Teach problem solving and appropriate coping skills to enhance family functioning
• Monitor and coordinate compliance with medical and immunization needs of the child
• Provide transportation as needed (e.g. to medical appointments)
• Assist families with accessing needed community resources and act as advocate and liaison between families and other community agencies
• Provide crisis intervention as necessary
• Assist with planning family education, socialization, and support groups
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) proficiency
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in working with or providing services to children and families
- An ability to establish trusting relationships
- Acceptance of individual differences
- Experience and humility to work with culturally diverse families
- Knowledge of infant and child development
- Open to reflective practice (i.e. has capacity for introspection, communicates awareness of self in relation to others, recognizes value of supervision, etc.)
- Infant mental health endorsement preferred
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record
- Complete all required background checks
- Pass drug test
- Must be 21+ years of age
HumanKind embraces and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented workforce in a culture where all employees contribute to their fullest potential.
Education Required:High School
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :