Play a key role within a world-class health organization. Support the discovery of breakthrough medical research. Take your professional expertise to the next level. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
Reporting to the Manager of Training and Compliance for Research Administration, you will act as a floater Fund Manager for the Department of Medicine. You will be responsible for all fund activities for your designated accounts, from fund inception to closure. You will process transfer of funds, expense transfers, and other requests; analyze and create financial forecasts, reconcile monthly ledgers; and compile fiscal information for budget preparation and financial statements. This will involve utilizing information from university ledgers, query database, and university online financial reports. You will:
* Provide guidance to the Principal Investigator and other research faculty to assure proper expenditure
* Prepare/approve purchasing documents, expenditure invoices, etc.
* Prepare, analyze and reconcile monthly financial statements
* Resolve accounting problems or irregularities on a timely basis
* Close out funds at the end of each project
* Help prepare new research proposal applications
* Prepare pre-award budgeting, including salary, equipment, supplies, travel, etc.
* Track proposal status and sponsored research negotiation progress
We're seeking a flexible, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with:
* Exceptional math, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team of faculty, staff and administrators
* Sound judgment when dealing with confidential information
* Ability to perform well with minimal supervision
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
* Ability to accurately use 10-key adding machine
* Skill in organizing/maintaining accurate bookkeeping records/files
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles. We are also home to the David Geffen School of Medicine, an internationally-respected center of medical education and research. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles' trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you're looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://ucla.contacthr.com/110335801.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Date Posted : 06/29/2022