Under the direction of the Management Services Officer, the Fund
Manager will manage the funds and grant portfolios of assigned faculty within
the DOM-VA Division. The ideal candidate will have more than three years'
experience in a fund management position and be able to manage both pre and
post award responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be familiar with UCLA's
Online Financial Reporting System, BruinBuy, QDB, EPASS, PANs, ERS, and other
University programs as it relates to fund management. Must be able to maintain
and organize electronic files and be able to work in a team-driven, fast-paced
* At least three years' experience as a fund manager with multiple complex funding sources affiliated with the University.
* Expert knowledge in Bruin Buy: setting up and closing POs, clearing H&I reports, looking up payments, and setting up/updating vendor information when necessary.
* Great interpersonal skills to function in a fast-paced, team-driven environment, yet must also have the ability to work independently.
* General accounting skills and basic math skills a necessity.
* Expert skills in budgeting, financial analysis and account reconciliation in relation to various grants.
* Knowledge and experience with handling petty cash funds and depositing checks to the University.
* Abundant mixed experience in NIH, clinical trials, foundation awards and other grant proposal submissions.
* Must have tremendous ability to speak and write emails in a clear, concise manner in relation to faculty's pre-and post-award needs.
* Superb organizational abilities to collect, track and organize grant proposal documents for submission and gather and maintain electronic files in shared drive.
* Familiarity with various University finance and accounting systems such as recharge processing, PANs, journal entries, QDB, etc.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://ucla.contacthr.com/84280207.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Date Posted : 05/26/2021