Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital
Woburn, Massachusetts 01801
Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital is seeking a Hospitality Manager to help lead and grow our well-established veterinary clinical departments within our hospital in Woburn, Massachusetts.
Reporting to the Hospital Director, the Hospitality Manager is responsible for operationally-focused activities that create the optimal client and employee experience, including:
- Serve as mentor and coach for any/all staff requiring development and assistance in non-clinical matters.
- Develop and supervise staff within their assigned departments and between other departments, ensuring adequate staff coverage with appropriate levels of expertise.
- Ensure appropriate training for all staff including an exceptional understanding and delivery of client hospitality.
- Set production and performance standards and follow-up through monitoring, assessing, reviewing and evaluating employee performance based on established standards. Recommend promotions, awards, and corrective actions as needed.
- Resolve any misunderstanding or conflicts that may surface between staff members and medical professionals.
- Assess and optimize administrative and operational workflows within the departments
- Engage in real-time resource allocation; develop staff schedules (clinical and non-clinical) while managing labor against budget.
- Maintain responsibility for departments financial performance (profit/loss).
- Evaluate the needs for the department and recommends appropriate resources to meet those need
- Conduct monthly staff meetings and prepare agenda.
- Regularly assess the efficient and effective flow of clients and pets through the hospital while also ensuring proper care from arrival through discharge and follow-up.
- Intervene and diffuse any situation that involves agitated, confused, scared or emotional clients and family members and/or employees. Offer reassurance, compassion and understanding.
- Maintain strong working relationships with referring veterinarians through business development outreach and follow up on client visits.
About You: As a Hospitality Manager candidate, you will have an Associate's degree and previous experience managing a diverse group of employees. Previous veterinary experience is not required, but candidates must be able to work in a clinical environment. Prospective candidates must have significant leadership experience, including excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Benefits of Working at Mass Vet Referral Hospital: Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
Share On :