SUMMARY: The Journeyman Electrician-Solar is responsible for the maintenance, operation and repair of electrical systems and assists with and performs installation and maintenances tasks in order to ensure the effective and safe operation of various types of electrical equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reads, interprets, and executes drawings, schematics, blueprints, and electrical code specifications
- Tests electrical and equipment and parts for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance
- Installs, repairs, and/or replaces AC/DC motors and drives, motors, starters or relays
- Installs repairs, or replaces electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, support structures, fiber-optic, line assemblies, lighting, and alternative electrical parts
- Installs, repairs, or replaces generators and industrial storage batteries
- Performs preventive maintenance and testing of electrical systems
- Installs electrical circuits, panels, conduit, protecting devices, switches, and equipment required to accommodate the NEC
- Corrects connections and wiring on equipment controls
- Collaborates with other workers and crew members to assist with work as necessary
- May be assigned to mentor, coach and manage Electrical Apprentice employees
- Other duties as assigned
- All employees must possess the ability to promote and model the Premise Core Values of:
- Operate with accountability and honesty
- Build trust with respect and a team focus
- Arrive prepared in skills, hand, and mind
- Create long term solutions
- In addition to the above, other required qualifications for this role are:
- Journeyman Electricians License
- The ability to keep an organized work space for yourself and others to work efficiently
- The ability to work underground, inside buildings or on roof tops
- The ability to travel to job sites out of town and overnight as needed
- Possess a basic understanding of electricity
- Skilled in organization and problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate professionally and clearly through spoken and written forms with peers and management. Able to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Valid certifications and licensing, as needed
- Working knowledge of construction, quality, safety and OSHA guidelines
- Preferred qualifications are:
- Valid driver’s license and ability to maintain a clean driving record
OTHER REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Decides and acts effectively without having the total picture and can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. Does not exhibit frustration when confronted with change and can shift focus and direction effectively. Can make decisions without always having the complete picture
- Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others. Assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks. Admits mistakes and re-focuses efforts when appropriate. Encourages others to take responsibility. Self-imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed. Ensures high quality.
- Acting with Integrity and Trust - Is widely trusted and seen as a direct, truthful individual. Can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner. Keeps confidences. Admits mistakes. Doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain. Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times, and acts in line with those values. Practices what he/she preaches
- Continuous Learning and Self-Development - Actively identifies new areas for learning, regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities. Uses newly gained knowledge and skills on the job through their application. Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself. Works to deploy strengths.
- Initiating Action and Results Oriented - Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required. Acts proactively to anticipate challenging issues and situations and prepare for solutions. Bottom line oriented and pushes self and other for results. Is consistently a top performer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, walk, lift, squat, push, pull, climb stairs, ladders and possibly towers, hear, see, reach, grasp and use hands and fingers to operate a computer key board, telephone, power tools, and equipment. The employee must have the ability to occasionally lift more than 50 lbs.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is exposed to extreme weather conditions, including heat and cold, and wet or humid. The employee may work in high places, and/or work around moving mechanical parts, vehicles and other equipment. The employee may also work in areas where the noise volume is loud and constant. The employee must have the ability to work overtime and to travel to remote job sites approximately 60 – 80% of their work week which will include overnight stays.
Premise Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, veteran-friendly employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :