Ethos Diagnostic Science
Are your ready to give your career a boost by bringing your talents and expertise? Ethos Veterinary Health has an exciting opportunity for a Lab Technician to join a state of the art healthcare facility in Woburn, MA. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a dedicated team while gaining amazing experience! Interested individuals, apply today!
The primary responsibility of the Lab Technician is to promote a prompt turnaround time on all sample submissions while producing quality results.
As a Lab Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Calibrating and running controls on CBC and chemistry analyzers, preparing analyzers for each shift and technical trouble shooting.
- Data entry into LIS and process all samples submitted for in-house testing, i.e.: CBCs with manual differential count, biochemistry testing, coag panels, urine analysis (including microscopic evaluation), cross matching, coombs, blood typing, various serology testing, cytology sample preparation and multiple fecal tests.
- Prepare specimens for shipping to outside specialty laboratories.
- Enter, report and release test results.
- Answer the phones as needed and process all add-on tests.
- Prepare microbiology cultures for plating or shipping.
Schedule: Evening hours 4pm to 1am; 1 weekend shift required
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate time management skills, excellent follow through and attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Have a working knowledge of and be efficient with computers.
- Must be available to work different and extra shifts as needed, this includes weekend, day, night and holiday shifts.
- Proven experience in multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Experience in lab work with excellent working knowledge of diagnostic laboratory tests.
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible and adjust to changing environment.
- Ability to interact with a diverse staff.
- CVT or certified Medical Laboratory Technician or certification eligible.
- A minimum of 2 years laboratory experience preferred or strong history of experience in the veterinary field.
About our Organization:Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital is a 24/7 veterinary emergency and specialty hospital. As part of our hospital we have a reference lab that provides services to our 4 hospitals in the New England area.
We are a reference quality commercial lab staffed by experienced technicians with years of experience in veterinary laboratory procedures. Reliable lab results are a key to advanced patient care and our laboratory accuracy is second to none.
Benefits of Working at Ethos Hospitals: Compensation is based off experience and skill level. Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
Share On :