National Association of County and City Health Officials
PN-105 LEAD RESEARCH SCIENTIST
The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), a national organization representing approximately 2,800 local health departments (LHDs) nationwide, has an immediate opening for a full-time Lead Research Scientist.
A Lead Specialist is an individual contributor with an extremely high level of expertise in a particular area who is considered an expert within NACCHO. The Lead Specialist works on highly complex projects and, as a resident expert, typically provides guidance to less senior specialists in the area in a project management or technical capacity. Individuals at this level typically report to a Director or Senior Director and require advanced knowledge and experience in an area of specialization. Occasional travel may be required to represent NACCHO at scientific or professional meetings.
A Lead Specialist may provide guidance to other professionals and administrative staff either in a supervisory, project management, or technical capacity. The Lead Specialist is considered a career level professional and works with minimal supervision. Incumbents only move beyond this level if they develop expert level capabilities or if they take on significant management responsibilities. Positions at this level require proven analytical, research, and project management capabilities.
The Lead Research Specialist works as part of NACCHOs Research and Evaluation Team. The Specialist will have responsibility for supporting research activities across NACCHO including The National Profile of Local Health departments and the Forces of Change Survey. In addition, the Specialist will collaborate with outside researchers on projects of importance to local health departments and public health overall. The Specialist will assist with the continued growth of NACCHOs research portfolio, supporting the Senior Director of R&E, NACCHOs Senior Advisors, and NACCHOs Executive Leadership Team.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Provide expert advice and support to NACCHO research and evaluation activities, including selection of appropriate research design, methods, sampling, instrument design, data analysis, data presentation, and reporting of results.
- Plan and implement programs to improve research skills of NACCHO staff, including training and provision of research-related resources.
- Promote and facilitate collaborations with external researchers that support NACCHOs strategic and program priorities.
- Advance the field of public health systems research by participating in appropriate activities of professional and partner organizations.
- Contribute to R&E-led studies by providing advice on the studys data use policy, analysis plan, and study publications and by performing high level research tasks in each stage of these studies
- Track and evaluation data collection efforts across all NACCHO programs.
- Develop and execute marketing and promotion plans for survey research projects.
- Supervise Research and Evaluation specialist.
- Doctoral degree in relevant professional field with a minimum of 2-4 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, including a relevant certification. Exceptionally qualified Masters degree candidates will be considered.
- Extensive experience in and knowledge of quantitative research methods, including study design, instrument design, data analysis, and reporting of research results.
- Extensive experience in and knowledge of qualitative research techniques, including grounded theory, qualitative data collection techniques, and analysis of qualitative data.
- In-depth knowledge of statistical techniques, and extensive experience in employing those techniques, including but limited to application of descriptive and inferential statistical techniques, and multivariate modeling.
- Experience in managing large, complex data sets.
- Experience in developing and providing training on research-related topics.
- Experience in developing a variety of research reports and products, including publications for peer-reviewed journals, conference presentations, and scientific posters.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Spreadsheet and Word Processing software experience required. Experience with statistical analysis software (Stata preferred) and qualitative analysis software (N-VIVO preferred) required.
Full-time, Exempt. TERM: This position is considered Fiscal Year term, however it is a mission critical role. NACCHO will continually strive to maintain funding for all positions.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $104,960.00-$115,000.00, commensurate with experience
SELECTION PROCESS: We only accept applications that follow the electronic process. No phone calls please. This position is subject to background screening. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, one writing sample with salary requirements to: PN-105 Lead Research Scientist using the following link: https://naccho.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/31a070e8-a61c-73db-04ff-2e510276161f/apply?source=862271-CJB-0
NACCHO offers generous benefits plan including but not limited to 13 days of sick leave annual leave allowable accumulation up to 225 hours, and paid vacation leave, as well as other types of leave. NACCHO benefits include a generous health, dental, and vision plan, 5 percent of base salary contribution to 403(b) plan, (not a matching contribution); paid short and long term disability plan and paid term life insurance.
At NACCHO, our commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action seeks to ensure a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We respect and value work force diversity among all employees and all those with whom we do business.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :