Ajinomoto Foods North America, Inc.
The Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) or Journeyman Electrician position is an opportunity to really make a difference in our continuously operating food processing plant. The situations that arise are interesting and varied, giving you the opportunity to make decisions to ensure our success. Ajinomoto's Portland plant is growing, and its product line of Asian frozen foods are both delicious and economical. This role will include trouble shooting, routine maintenance and challenges in keeping our lines running, giving you the ability to make a real difference in our production with your efforts.
Qualified applicants MUST have a Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) license.
- Ability to read and update schematics/diagrams, as well as follow electrical preventative maintenance programs
- Maintain and repair automated equipment (packaging machinery), hydraulic equipment, compressor and refrigeration units, freezer doors, scale, electronic boards, AC/DC drives, PLC, electric hoists, pumps, microwave equipment, and all food processing equipment within our facility.
- Ability to be assigned projects, scope the work, order the materials, complete the job on time and on budget, and passing electrical inspection.
- Troubleshoot and repair both mechanical and electrical issues.
- Maintain lighting inside and outside of plant.
- At least three years of experience with commercial 480V 3 phase electrical work.
- At least five years electrical/electronic troubleshooting in a manufacturing plant.
- Knowledgeable in the details of National Fire Code NFPA 70A.
- Knowledgeable of arc flash requirements.
- Must be able to read an electrical schematic.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.
- Ability to communicate and work well in a team based environment with limited supervision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Share On :