Responsible for the safe, efficient and uninterrupted operation of the facility. Effectively utilize the staff and CMMS system to complete maintenance work orders and achieve the mechanical downtime targets for the plant. Provide leadership to the Maintenance Team regarding maintenance best practice, safe work practices, effective utilization of time, accurate records, and teamwork. Plan and supervise day to day maintenance activities in conjunction with the Maintenance Planner as well as CMMS system.
- Direct, Supervise and Coordinate
- Supervise and direct maintenance staff employees by providing safe training and development of maintenance activities which promote regular and ongoing consistent production
- Develop and implement Preventative Maintenance procedures for all plant equipment and drive successful implementation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with machinery and equipment. On call 24 hours
- Facilities Requirements
- Ensure parts inventory levels are adequate to support regular Preventative Maintenance Schedule and intermittent unscheduled downtime of machinery
- Avoid unnecessary expenses by keeping records, monitoring prices and sourcing parts for competitive bidding/purchasing
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to monitor expense purchases necessary to support and stay within the F-OH (Fixed Overhead) allotment for department monthly and annually
- With the Maintenance Manager, interview prospective vendors for annual renewal contracts, vendor services for facilities
- Regulatory Compliance
- Regularly review and monitor the waste water program to eliminate and avoid any undesirable reporting to the Portland Department of Waste Water Management
- Achieve a 0 safety accident/incidence for all areas of responsibility in support of company established objective.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over maintenance mechanics and electricians.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates of Science Degree (AS) from a four year college or university; or at least five years minimum related experience and/or training; or at least 8 to 10 years direct maintenance (in absence of degree) mechanical experience background or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Share On :