Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories. Popular brands include Smithfield, Eckrich , Nathan's Famous , Farmland , Armour , Farmer John , Kretschmar , John Morrell , Cook's , Gwaltney , Carando , Margherita , Curly's , Healthy Ones , Morliny , Krakus , and Berlinki . Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit , and connect with us on , , , and .
- Installs replacement belts, filters, gears, chains and valves.
- Rebuilds valves, pumps and gearboxes.
- Troubleshoots pneumatic, electric and hydraulic machine problems and makes necessary repairs.
- Performs repairs to machines involving machine guarding, bolt replacement, breakdowns due to mechanical wear and plumbing.
- Welds machine components.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks such as lubricating parts, drives chains, etc.
- Handles installations, including hooking up air, water, gas and the alignment and leveling of equipment.
- Complete ALL repair slips given on a daily basis and communicate to the Maintenance Manager if tasks cannot be accomplished before leaving.
- Complete established preventative maintenance duties on a daily basis.
- Basic understanding of how steam works.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED, required.
- 2+ years' experience in the maintenance (or related) field, required.
- Ability to weld stainless steel and other related metals, preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and troubleshooting, preferred.
- Prior experience reading schematics and hydraulic drawings, preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
Education Required:High School
Share On :