Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Manages and coordinated the operational and personnel activities in the Medical Oncology, GYN Oncology clinics, ISIC, and Cancer Center Infusion. This includies, but is not limited to, supervision, staffing, systems, patient flow, patient care, expense management and other functions required to maintain an effective service oriented clinic practice. Interfaces with program physicians in clinic setting on a regular basis.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Manages day-to-day operations of Medical & GYN Oncology Phys Practices, ISIC, and Cancer Center Infusion.
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates nursing activities provided by the oncology clinic(s). Ensures that physician and patient needs are met.
- Develops and implements systems to ensure the quality, efficient, cost-effective operations of the clinic(s). Monitors customer satisfaction and service utilization and initiates short-term corrective actions as needed.
- Establishes policies, procedures and protocols necessary to accomplish daily tasks, processes and long-range goals consistent with standards established by the health system, TJC, QOPI, OSHA, ACOS and other regulatory agencies.
- Administers department personnel management programs to include, but not limited to the following: recruiting, interviewing, hiring, orienting, supervising, counseling, disciplining and evaluating nursing and cliic support staff. Process payroll records and all other Associate records required by the health system. Oversees the continuing education of all clinic associates.
- Identifies opportunities for organizational and departmental improvement, develops course of action, implements changes, evaluates impact of the change, researches and implements special projects as assigned.
- Controls financial performance of Medical and GYN Oncology practice and infusion departments through economical utilization of personnel, time, resources and equipment.
- Represents Sparrow Cancer Center on hospital and departmental committees, conferences, and taskforces as assigned.
- Assist the Administrative and Medical Directors of the Cancer Center in developing, revising and evaluating the business plan for cancer care services.
- Works in conjunction with Administrative Director, physicians and financial support to ensure that data input and billing collection and coding procedures are correctly followed.
- Prepares reports, documents and other statistical data required for departmental administration.
- Serves as a role model for consistent demonstration of Sparrow Health System's Customer Service Behavioral Standards of Performance by respecting the Privacy and Confidentiality of those we serve.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider, organizational confidentiality and HIPAA Security procedures and protcols as defined under the HIPAA Privacy and Security Procedures.
Follows established HIPAA privacy procedures when using and/or disclosing protected health information.
|General Requirements||Current Michigan Registered Nurse license. Maintains competency by completing a minimum of 24 hours of Continuing Education Credit (CEU) Courses within each two year period, corresponding to licensure renewal. Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred.|
|Work Experience||Five years oncology nursing management experience at the manager or director level. Preferably in an ambulatory setting preferred Experience managing a clinical trials program preferred Previous experience with physician practice budget and billing processes preferred.|
|Education||Bachelor's degree in Nursing.|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||Demonstrates familiarity with the application of computers in data analysis and budget management. Clinical knowledge and independent judgment necessary to implement and direct individualized and comprehensive patient care. Working knowledge of clinical pathways, variance reporting and process improvement. Maintains accountability for own nursing care and care delegated to other to ensure adherence to ethical and legal standards. Interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate, verbally and in writing, with patients, families, physicians, and other Hospital associates. Demonstrated management skills and leadership ability.|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.JOB REQUIREMENTS: <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/88728780.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/88728780
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :