This position is responsible for providing technical support to Sales and Marketing for Merck Animal Health products specific to the US Ruminant business, with a primary focus on the Dairy Industry. Responsibilities include providing technical support for Ruminant products and programs, including response to product inquiries and adverse reports in accordance with internal, FDA, CFIA and USDA regulatory policies. The position will require developing trial protocols, monitoring and summarizing clinical and marketing support trials specific to Ruminant animal health. Position will be required to maintain contact with key industry professionals to include academic, veterinary related individuals or groups. Additional duties will include attending and presenting in prominent industry scientific meetings.
- Deliver a high level of technical expertise, service and support to MAH Ruminant sales in North America. Assure those services are provided within corporate objectives and within budget guidelines.
- Technical service includes but is not limited to: involvement in the development of new products, development of vaccination programs and protocol for use of pharmaceuticals, product use directions, adverse event reporting, dealing with Ruminant health issues in customers operations, customer complaints and education on new products from MAH.
- Travel will compose at a minimum 50% of incumbents time. Travel responsibilities will be prioritized by value of customer and return of travel investment.
- Participate as a scientific speaker on the agenda of key Ruminant industry meetings where needed by communicating non-proprietary company research and representing MAH as a source of highly valuable technical expertise, with a primary focus on the beef industry.
- Assist research and development team with product evaluation, licensing trials and product development for all MAH products. Perform field trial evaluation of newly license products to offer technical support information for those particular products.
- Obtain information regarding customer needs through various channels, networking and customer visits, providing feedback to prioritize research and development needs
- Work with the marketing team on key business initiatives to aid in development of technical and marketing brochures for MAH products.
- Act as a liaison between prominent researchers in university, government and private settings to supply MAH with stream of information regarding innovative products and developments within the research world.
- Communicate between various MAH departments, as needed, to aid in delivery of product to customers, i.e. International Registration, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Production, etc.
- Provide Sales force training as well as guidance on product implementation for external customers.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M) degree or PhD in Cattle specific animal science.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have minimum of 5 years related cattle veterinary and/or animal science experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good leadership skills
- Candidate should have experience with all types of cattle production systems, ranging from cow-calf through feedlot and calf ranch production through milking dairy production.
- Ability to digest extremely technical information and present it in understandable terms to lay people.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Field experience in cattle production and/or ruminant medicine preferred
- If the successful candidate is a DVM and a license in at least one state is preferred
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this position, please visit our career site at merck.com/careers, search jobs, create a profile and submit your resume for requisition # SCI004564 to:
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :