The NP functions in an interdependent role by implementing the appropriate 'standardized procedures' (SP). By using the SPs the NP is able to change treatment regimen after observing signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to treatment, general behavior and physical condition, and determines if they are abnormal findings(Ca Nursing Practice Act, subsection(b) of Section 2725). Provide and coordinate the care of ambulatory patients, provide patient/family education, promote safe continuity of care. Participate in interdisciplinary and clinical rounds, provide education and support as well as make appropriate referrals. Document services rendered. Acts as a member of the medical care management team in the solid oncology clinic and other appropriate clinics that see patients with advanced illness, and also (possibly) targeted interactions among patients in the inpatient setting. Uses standardized periodic measures of quality of life and symptoms to assess patient status, document this serially to evaluate changes and to guide symptom management, psychosocial-spiritual support and advance care planning activities. The NP will report to Palliative Care Program Director and Associate Director, and work under the guidance of the embedded oncology program
- MSN/DNP with an Adult- Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Specialty, Adult- Gero Primary Care, or FNP-required
- National NP certification in Specialty- required
- CA RN and CA NP license -required.
- DEA and NPI - required
- BLS certification from AHA or ARC- required
- Palliative Care Experience as an NP preferred. Will consider previous RN experience in palliative care/hospice or oncology.
- Skills and abilities to perform accurate assessment and evaluation of oncology patients, including symptom management - required
- 6 months or greater of NP experience strongly preferred
NPI: less than 6 months NP exp
NPII:6+ months exp or more
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :