Community College of Allegheny County
Nursing Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Position Title: Nursing Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 12, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
These are regular full-time tenure-track 10 month positions with benefits.
Applicants with out-of-state RN licenses: A current Pennsylvania RN license (or temporary practice permit from PA State Board of Nursing) must be presented at time of offer. To submit for application and temporary permit, please visit http://www.dos.state.pa.us/nurse, select "Licensure Information" from the left menu and select the link "Board Forms/Applications." Under "Endorsements," select "Licensure by Endorsement with Temporary Practice Permit." Please note that the estimated time to receive a temporary practice permit is 3-4 weeks and is valid for up to one year. If you have any questions about RN licensure, you can contact the PA State Board of Nursing at (717) 783-7142 and ask for the endorsement area.
Three positions are available: Allegheny Campus 808 Ridge Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15212 South Campus 1750 Clairton Road West Mifflin, PA 15122 Boyce Campus 595 Beatty Road Monroeville, PA 15146
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2101, 2641, 2467
Job Open Date: 2/7/2020
Job Close Date:
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
RN (current PA license); master's degree in nursing; clinical experience.
Applicants for teaching assignments are expected to have strong communication skills. Applicants are expected to have post-secondary teaching experience; work experience in the discipline(s) to be taught; and knowledge of industry-related software and systems, including industry certifications, where appropriate. Pertinent degrees and all qualifying credits must be from accredited institutions.
- The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
- Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
- Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
- Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
- Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
- Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
- Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
- Maintain five office hours each week.
- Support the college's goals.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=590&site=3
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Education Required:Masters Degree - MS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :