Altasciences Preclinical Services
The Pathology Associate I will provide high quality and timely processing of pathological specimens through gross examinations, necropsies, tissue trimming and tissue processing as specified in company protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
About Altasciences Preclinical Services:
Altasciences Preclinical Services is renowned for its diverse range of safety assessment services and NHP expertise. Our enthusiasm for customized services that focus on the needs of our clients positions us as the uncommon CRO: uncommonly accessible, flexible and responsive. Located just north of Seattle, WA, our team of experts in Toxicology, Pathology, Exploratory Research and Bioanalysis make the client relationship a top priority. We believe the experience is as important as the science that drives it. We believe a better future is possible for everyone and we're using our nonclinical proficiency to support medical science advancements that will lead to pharmaceutical cures. Want to be a part of a dynamic team that provides continuous professional development opportunities? Work with Altasciences Preclinical Services and set your future in motion!
How You'll Contribute:
You will train and become fluent on core standard operating procedures. Core SOP skills include but are not limited to:
- Organ weighing
- Bone marrow smear preparation
- Tissue trimming
- Use of an Electronic Data Capture System (EDCS)
- Heat sealing
- Quality check (QC) review
PA I will train on becoming a Lead Study Technician (LST). These duties include:
- Reviewing protocols for correctness.
- Attendance in protocol reviews, pre-necropsy meetings and departmental meetings
- Complete study set-up
- Other departmental responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining necropsy suites, including other Pathology lab areas
- Maintaining instruments and equipment
- Maintaining facility records (i.e., fridge/freezer storage records, wet room storage records, equipment use logs)
- Assist with chemical management by maintaining stock and working solutions
- Assist with waste management
- Ordering and stocking
- Cross training in Histology
- Tissue cassette printing
- Specialized necropsies and tissue trimming procedures as required by protocols
- Fetal reproductive necropsies
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) preferred; Associates degree or additional work experience acceptable
- Sixth months to one year of biological science or laboratory related work if B.S. or B.A. degree requirement not met.
- Basic computer software skills (MS Office Suite) required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, software manuals, study documents, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to understand and utilize appropriate mathematical concepts for calculating and interpreting scientific data.
- Basic bench chemistry skills required. Aptitude to learn new pathology and histology techniques.
- General reading, writing, and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills to include effective communication with supervisors, co-workers, clients, visitors, etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables, should possess the ability to deal with problems arising in a variety of research situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of anatomic biology preferred.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Relaxed dress code
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- On-site cafeteria and gym
- Company events, including happy hours, team building competitions, lunches and much more.
Altasciences Preclinical Services, Seattle LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status.
Altasciences Preclinical Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov.
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :