Altasciences Preclinical Services
The Pathology Associate I will provide high quality and timely processing of pathological specimens through gross examinations, necropsies, tissue trimming and tissue processing as specified in company protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
How You'll Contribute:
You will train and become fluent on core standard operating procedures. Core SOP skills include but are not limited to:
- Organ weighing
- Bone marrow smear preparation
- Tissue trimming
- Use of an Electronic Data Capture System (EDCS)
- Heat sealing
- Quality check (QC) review
PA I will train on becoming a Lead Study Technician (LST). These duties include:
- Reviewing protocols for correctness.
- Attendance in protocol reviews, pre-necropsy meetings and departmental meetings
- Complete study set-up
- Other departmental responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining necropsy suites, including other Pathology lab areas
- Maintaining instruments and equipment
- Maintaining facility records (i.e., fridge/freezer storage records, wet room storage records, equipment use logs)
- Assist with chemical management by maintaining stock and working solutions
- Assist with waste management
- Ordering and stocking
- Cross training in Histology
- Tissue cassette printing
- Specialized necropsies and tissue trimming procedures as required by protocols
- Fetal reproductive necropsies
Altasciences Preclinical Services, Seattle LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status.
Altasciences Preclinical Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :