Cuhaci & Peterson Architects Engineers Planners Inc.
The Project Managers success has a significant impact on the firms overall success. The Project Manager is responsible for meeting the clients expectations and for achieving project profitability. Responsible for managing multiple projects and programs using a resource matrix structure to maximize utilization and coordination. The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, execution, and monitoring and control of the scope, schedule and budget for all projects in his/her control. Final responsibility for the success of the project rests with the Project Manager.
A Project Manager shall have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in architectural/construction fields. A Project Manager will have technical ability along with strong managerial, people and business skills to successfully handle multiple projects with little or no assistance from the Sector Leader. Must be a team-player and able to adapt to various team structures, working independently and as part of a larger team. Position will include project management tasks including prime client liaison, project budgets and schedules, consultant coordination and team coordination. Job will include participation in marketing new work, proposal writing and contract coordination. PMP Certification preferred.
- Create the Project Management Plan that includes detailed project requirements for the Work Breakdown Structure, resource requirements, roles and responsibilities, quality standards, information exchange and communication, as well as the schedule and budget.
- Develop team matrix and effectively manage and plan team resources.
- Hold project kickoff meetings with the project team.
- Execute the project according to the Project Management Plan.
- Gather work performance data to identify variances immediately and take corrective action as necessary.
- Effectively manage the scope of work to the Work Breakdown Structure so that it minimizes rework and identifies out of scope work and is acceptable to the Client.
- Effectively manage the project costs to the budget baseline, control costs and manage cost variances using Earned Value Measurement.
- Effectively manage and measure progress to the schedule baseline and manage schedule variances.
- Utilize a change management system that documents out-of-scope work and addresses and supports any Additional Services.
- Resolve project, production, client and resource related issues.
- Conduct periodic meetings with project team.
- Report project status in writing to the Client, Executive Management, and the Functional Managers.
- Work with Project Architects, Technical Managers and Sr. Project Coordinators to ensure quality control.
- Handle all aspects of billings including weekly billing projections.
- Assists in marketing/business development efforts. Write proposals and contracts.
- Engage the Client, manage the Clients expectations and build Client relationships.
- Supervise, mentor, motivate personnel, and build team loyalty.
- Conduct employee annual reviews.
- Keep abreast of new laws and codes that may affect particular projects.
- Integrate resources and coordinate architectural resources with the Functional Managers and consultants.
- Assist the Director of Project Management, Director of Architecture, and Architectural Sector Leader in the implementation of organizational process assets.
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :