Lowers Risk Group LLC
Periodic travel to the Purcellville, VA office and to clients/vendors will be required in this position.
Manage one or more critical strategic business projects involving technology, accounting, marketing, legal, human resources, and operations. Work within the Project Management Office (PMO) to leverage project management expertise to develop and execute project plans. Ensure project priorities are clearly established, develop communications channels, manage risks, and drive project activities to timely completion. The ideal candidate understands Insurance or InsureTech to help deliver disruptive business and technology solutions to the Insurance sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Work with business owners and sponsors to define project requirements.
· Plan and execute successful scope management.
· Identify direct and indirect project stakeholders and execute effective management and communication strategies.
· Develop project plans in collaboration with project team through identifying project roles and responsibilities including tasks, schedules, and dependencies.
· Identify resources and budget requirements for successful project completion.
· Document and maintain project communication plan to ensure accurate and timely status is available to all project team and stakeholders.
· Host in-person or virtual team meetings on a regular basis.
· Monitor risks, develop, and implement mitigation plans, escalating as needed.
· Coordinate with vendors and suppliers as needed.
· Clearly communicate complex information to audiences at multiple levels.
· Able to build relationships and inspire others.
· Collaborate and work closely with key individuals in all departments to ensure projects are well organized, planned, tracked, and communicated.
· Organize, plan, and drive for results. Perform as action oriented, manage conflict, solve problems, make timely decisions, inform others, communicate, maintain a professional composure, maintain approachability and functional/technical skills.
· Travel to clients or vendors and periodic travel to the Purcellville, VA office will be required.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree; PMP Certification
- Minimum: Seven or more years of experience in managing projects using project management best practices. Exposure to PMO operations, agile project management, and cross-functional business projects.
- Preferred: Ten or more years of experience in managing both traditional and agile projects. Experience working within a PMO. Demonstrated success leading strategic business projects with cross-functional business teams and external entities. Experience in Insurance or InsureTech.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required for this position:
· Ability to use one or more project management software packages (e.g. MS Project, PipeDrive or Monday)
· Strong time management skills
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Problem-solving and analysis
· Teamwork and collaboration
Salaried position with typical schedule of 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Ability to flex schedule to meet business needs.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which the supervisor must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other team members accurately or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity for preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection.
- Subject to both environmental conditions for activities that occur inside and outside.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Lowers Risk Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled veteran or other veteran, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
AT WILL EMPLOYMENT:
Lowers Risk Group is an At Will employer and nothing within the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Lowers Risk Group reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply the job description in any way the company desires and the job description is not a contract for employment.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.Apply Here
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :